2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Automatic HL disable

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Automatic HL disable

ok. i know there have been numerous threads on this subject, and i've read & re-read through them, but i'm stumped!

i'm trying to disable this retarded feature on my '98 LT with no luck.

i couldn't remember what size resistor it was exactly (for my year only) when i went to get it, so i bought the .68, the .82 & the 1K 1W resistor...........none of them worked.

so i figured, well maybe my truck is more retarded than i thought, so i'll try the one for the '99+ trucks (2.2K 1W)..........still no luck!!

and yse, i know which sensor it is that i need to bypass.

any thoughts guys?

Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

i know you've already looked through this, but idk i thought i'd post it up incase you forgot. https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...le+auto+lights

looks like you need less than 1 ohm

Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i think you can use a multimeter and check the resistance of the sensor then find one close to it.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

so i bought the .68, the .82 & the 1K 1W resistor...........none of them worked.

so i figured, well maybe my truck is more retarded than i thought, so i'll try the one for the '99+ trucks (2.2K 1W)..........still no luck!!

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
looks like you need less than 1 ohm

i reposted that for you, maybe you missed it the first time you read it.

and i know about your thread there, i was in on the discussion.

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
i think you can use a multimeter and check the resistance of the sensor then find one close to it.
yeah, i was thinking about that today @ work. i just need to get my meter back from my brother. i've got to take his truck to the air brushers tomorrow, i'll be sure to check it then.

thanks for the input guys. i wonder if anyone else has run across this before.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
BF Guru

well, i was doin' the whole thread thing the other day (giving my input) and remembered that i never gave the solution to my problem.

so here it is.

if you have a '98 truck (applicable to this year only) you'll need a .25 watt 1000 ohm resistor. (or a 1K as it's also known)

WOW!!! just realized it's been almost a year. guess time flies when you're having fun.