2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

automatic lock mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 04:33 PM
jukdd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default automatic lock mod

i have a 95 blazer LT. is there any way i could make it so when i automaticlly unlock my doors with a buttom, the lights will flash, like some cars do.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: automatic lock mod

Mine didn't flash when I got the car, then found that a fuse was tripped (can't recall what # ). I replaced the fuse, next time using RKE, blew the fuse again. Turns out it was the wrong amp rating...put in the right one, lights flash with lock/unlock

Old 05-11-2008, 05:52 PM

yours was a 2000, mines a 95. there might be a different.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have keyless entry? If you do, then you have one part of that done (locks), but those systems were not programmed for any visual or audio feedback if I remember correctly.

Off the top of my head, the only way I can think of to accomplish this (without an aftermarket RKE or alarm) would be to intercept the unlock command from the RKE module and make up a logic circuit (relay, etc) to control the lights (and/or horn if you desire).

If you don't have the factory RKE, then you are looking at an aftermarket unit which can do exactly what you require.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:08 PM

And how much would an aftermarket unit cost. And will it be difficult to install?

Old 05-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Cost varies depending on what you want out of it. Check out Directed.com (any one of their brands). I put my own remote start (Valet) in my Rainier for a bit over $100. It was easy to install due to the bypass module (INT-SL) taking over many of the critical functions which would regularly have to be wired in with separate relays. I'm sure it can be very time consuming and frustrating if you have to wire everything through relays. Without the bypass module I used, I would have had to use a bunch of relays for all of the functions.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:27 PM

I would just want the lights to blink. That's all i would want, to blink a few times.