Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Automatic Door Lock/Mirror Fuse Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Beginning Member
ChromeJerome is on a distinguished road
Question Automatic Door Lock/Mirror Fuse Problem

Hey all, I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer LS 4D, and just recently I did a big system rebuild(audio), and ever since I got everything back in, the fuse for the automatic door locks, hatch, and mirrors keeps blowing. Within minutes of replacing it, it will blow again. Now I find this strange, as the speaker wire for the door speakers and the wires for the windows all run though the same door boot, etc. and those still work flawlessly. All connections on the back of the control switch are solid, and all electrical wiring is sound as far as the new system goes. Any ideas on how to fix this? One thing that is weird that I have noticed is that when the car is on, I can lock all the doors by pushing down on the passenger window button. This only works in locking them, and only when the car is on. Any help is appreciated!!

Old 01-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Beginning Member

I have one idea that I'm going to try to fix today: Only a day before I put the system in, a guy at the same shop tinted my windows, which I know involves a lot of water going on the window and moisture down into the door panel, which may have come in contact with the metal contact points on the back of the control panel, which may be causing the interference. I will post results later!

Old 04-23-2015, 05:12 PM
FryinBerries is on a distinguished road

did this work out for you?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:13 PM
FryinBerries is on a distinguished road

sorry didnt see the year on this post....

Old 04-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by FryinBerries
did this work out for you?
No worries man, I don't have the blazer anymore, but I remember what caused that problem. While I don't know how the prongs got bent, but I took the door lock/window control/mirror control module(the one with all of those respective control buttons on it) out of the door and somehow one of the prongs on the controller side had gotten bent out of place and was making contact with another piece, so I just bent it back and all was good!