2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Battery Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Windir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Battery Problem

this is regarding my 97' Blazer =) Ok so i was at my friends house and when i was walking to my car to leave i noticed the inside lights were still on. i tried making sure all of my doors and the rear latch was closed and still the lights were on. I havent had much money for repairs so i basically waited to see what would happen cuz i removed the lights inside hoping it wouldnt drain the battery but it still did but took about 4 days. i replaced the battery and replaced the lights and they still stayed on so i removed them again. the battery lasted only a day and now i have no clue what to do. my battery is dead and wont hold a charge for more than a minute. any help would be greatly appreciated =) oh and my battery light is on too.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:12 PM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Battery Problem

is the light interior light thing that makes the dash brighter/lighter pushed all the way up? that will keep the interior light on if that not it check the alternator. it happened to me becuz i left the dash light thing all the way up

Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Starting Member
blazeofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike,

Sounds like a bad headlight/dimmer switch.(power for the dome lights run through it) You might have a short in the switch itself. Also check your door jam switches, one could be sticking or shorted out.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Starting Member
blazeofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

Good call Brian!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM

k so im not the best with cars and ive only had this car for about 3 months and totally dumb with cars but the **** is up all the way but i already tried messing with it and it hasnt changed. not sure what i would be checking on the alternator

Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 PM

just move it down so its not up all the way then close all the doors and in a few minutes it will go off

Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 PM

thanks blaze...Hopefully i got something right!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

what happens if you press the "dome override" button ?

Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM

haha gotta jump my car i guess to try it first. be back in a few but ill check the door switches too

Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 PM

wait to try it quick get in it shut all the doors after you jump it. turn the key 2wice n the lights should go off. radio comes on etc dash lights up. then turn it down because after u click the key 2wice it goes off

Quick Reply: Battery Problem