2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Is this below normal operating temperature - pic inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

could also be a blend door issue.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Senshi09
If it sn't blowing strong, then id suggest blower motor and blower fan. From previous experiance when id work on vehicles that had great heat but much blowing it was cuz the motor was going out causing the fan to not rotate as fast, resulting in less then good blown heat. Might be different with blazers though, but thats my experiance of it.
that's the same thing.

i doubt it's the blower motor, he's stating he has only "warm" heat.

Originally Posted by UberFail
could also be a blend door issue.
might also be an issue. have you checked the movement of it yet?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Starting Member
Tinted is on a distinguished road

what the heck is a blend door issue?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

The air flow thru the system is;

Floor intake
--Fresh air mix door
When "recirc" or "max" is selected, the fresh air is turned off.
Blower Motor
--This pressureizes the air to move it and soley determine flow volume.

Evaporator Coil;
--If the compressor is running, this coil cools the air and removes moisture

Mixing door / Heater Coil
--These two are configured to allow the air to pass thru the heater to be warmed, or bypass to the distribution ducts.

Distribution; Floor, Dash Vents, Defrost
--Depending on models these distribute air where it is needed.
--Since 1988, the default vacuum setting, if vacuum controls are used is "max heat" "air to defrost ducts". The result of this is that a loss of vacuum can not cause you to lose your defrosted windshield.

Also note that the path of "AC" then "Heat" is reverse from most home Central Heat/Air systems which pass air over furnace then AC coils. In the Car, this gives the system capability for "Re-Heat" mode to remove moisture. In this mode (defrost usually) even in quite cold weather, the AC compressor runs, the evaporator coil gets quite cold, as the warm moist cabin air passes thru, the moisture condenses and the dew point of the air is lower. Next the "dry" air is "re-heat" ed by the heater coil and blown onto the windshield or into the cabin. This helps dry the cabin and keep the windshield clear.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:10 PM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point

For those who T-Stats never went over a 100 degrees. You must not live in AZ where the outside temp is 115 degrees. I promise you it will go over 100 here in the summer. 210-215 is more like it here. Now if it gets hotter then that, you have a problem. My clutch fan went out twice, it hit 245 then I cut the A/C off, turn the heat all the way to high with full blower and roll down all the windows to get home one time (Was 50 miles away) made it change out the clutch fan (Heavy duty mine you) again and so far all is good, now wait for summer to hit again and see how things roll, also change the T-Stat and flush the system.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

dman - those of us who don't clear 100, are not clearing 100 celcius lol - mine is around the 70c mark which is around the 160f mark for you. also current temp outside is a balmy -5c with a windchill of -12c (23f and 10f respectively)

Old 02-11-2011, 10:22 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dman001948
For those who T-Stats never went over a 100 degrees. You must not live in AZ where the outside temp is 115 degrees. I promise you it will go over 100 here in the summer. 210-215 is more like it here.
Originally Posted by UberFail
dman - those of us who don't clear 100, are not clearing 100 celcius lol - mine is around the 70c mark which is around the 160f mark for you. also current temp outside is a balmy -5c with a windchill of -12c (23f and 10f respectively)
i guess he never noticed that the OP'er was from Toronto, Chris.

i'm also guessing he never noticed this either...........

Originally Posted by Tinted
so this is where my temperature gauge sits

it never goes past that point. it is a Canadian truck so the gauge is in Celcius.

and they say a pic is worth a thousand words.

guess they should've made it a thousand and eleven.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Starting Member

so i replace the tstat and the gauge now definately goes past the point in the pic.

i will post a pic tomorrow.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:26 AM
BF Guru

glad to hear you got it solved.

if in doubt, always start with cheapest & simplest to change part.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Starting Member

and here is the pic of the gauge after thermostat replacement

Attached Thumbnails Is this below normal operating temperature - pic inside-img00279-20110213-1619.jpg  

Quick Reply: Is this below normal operating temperature - pic inside