2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Died, Now It Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

well if there is no spark, thats a whole new can of worms. for sure you need to test those two that swartlkk mentioned.

kinda odd to get a bang & pressure release out of the cylinder without a spark though.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could have sheared the roll pin that holds the distributor drive gear onto the distributor shaft... It's fairly easy to check.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Beginning Member
sav25age is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I just checked my crankshaft sensor and my coil. Both are fine and in working order. I ended up buying the Igniton Control Module because I was sure that that was the problem. Im getting spark to the distributor but its not being dispersed back out of it. My cap and rotor are only about 4 months old so I dont think they could be the problem. What do you think the problem could be?
Thanks,
Nick

Old 01-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Could have sheared the roll pin that holds the distributor drive gear onto the distributor shaft... It's fairly easy to check.
I guess I'll repeat myself.

And don't be so quick to overlook the possibility of faulty components (ie. cap & rotor).

Old 01-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry about that swartlkk, I spoke to my uncle about the possiblility of the roll pin shearing and he told me that If that was the case the rotor wouldnt spin, which it is. Is that right? If it is what else could be the problem, other than faulty parts? i.e. bad distributor.

Last edited by sav25age; 01-08-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 PM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by sav25age
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I just checked my crankshaft sensor and my coil. Both are fine and in working order. I ended up buying the Igniton Control Module because I was sure that that was the problem. Im getting spark to the distributor but its not being dispersed back out of it. My cap and rotor are only about 4 months old so I dont think they could be the problem. What do you think the problem could be?
Thanks,
Nick
I had the same problem on my '01. A new cap and rotor fixed it. I took it to school with me the following week and had my instructor take a look, as I thought the old cap and rotor were perfectly fine. Apparently they weren't, as he saw things wrong with it that were not obvious to me and my untrained eye.

Last edited by midnightbluS10; 01-08-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Beginning Member
dagda is on a distinguished road

Could moisture be a factor? I had a similar problem with my 96 whenever it rained. I had spark fuel compression, but the timing seemed to be off 180. when I dried it all out, it started right up.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by midnightbluS10
I had the same problem on my '01. A new cap and rotor fixed it. I took it to school with me the following week and had my instructor take a look, as I thought the old cap and rotor were perfectly fine. Apparently they weren't, as he saw things wrong with it that were not obvious to me and my untrained eye.
I just put on my old cap and rotor (which had nothing wrong with them in the first place, I just wanted to change them) and I still have no spark. So I don't think that is the problem. I am convinced that it has something to do with the distributor, I am just gonna have the distributor replaced, seeing as how I have a spare from a parts blazer, hopefully that'll work. I'll let you know how it ends up.

And to dagda, im pretty sure it doesnt have anything to do with moisture bc it was just cold when the blazer shut off, ive driven in full blown downpours with no problem. Thanks for the input though, i wish it just had somethin to do with moisture, haha

Old 01-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Beginning Member
Bajaclaw012 is on a distinguished road

Any results to your no start issue??? I have the same identical problem

Old 01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Beginning Member
dagda is on a distinguished road

Have you guys looked at all the wiring and checked the pickup coil? The ignition systems on these are pretty straightforward. Mine had lots of wiring problems.

Quick Reply: Blazer Died, Now It Won't Start