2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

blazer is running a bit sluggish....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:15 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default blazer is running a bit sluggish....

I noticed it yesterday.. I haven't been driving the blazer much recently but when I was driving yesterday I noticed I was running a bit sluggish... I used to play the game "scare the people in your car that aren't paying attention to you by powersliding through wal-mart parking lot in the rain" and when I tried I couldnt even get my rear wheels to break traction... I mean I could stop and power brake it if I wanted to, but I used to be able to break traction from a running start (especially on wet pavement). It is also accelerating like poo (even more poo than usual). My blazer is flirting with 90,000 miles... could it be time for a good ol' fashioned tune up???

Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: blazer is running a bit sluggish....

Tune up couldnt hurt. Its often amazing what plugs and wires can do for a truck. That and check your air filter to make sure it aint all garbage. I finally checked my K&N the other day and OMG that was nasty. AC Delco FTW!!!.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:20 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah probably could use a tune up. Check the air filter, maybe replace the fuel filter, definately the plugs and wires and go with AC Delco platinums (their worth it). Could also be clogged up EGR or a bad IAC, you could clean/change those and make sure the MAF sensor isn't all gunked up. Other than that it starts getting expensive.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

yup... What's already been said!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 PM
94blazer4.3ho is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote]ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

definately the plugs and wires and go with AC Delco platinums (their worth it).

I put in the AC Delco platinums and my milage went to crap. my top end 75+ mph accelerating is much better but my milage

Old 09-14-2007, 04:26 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Once I either get the moneyor decide to brave the plug change, I know it'll help mine out... I'll take pics of those nice factory platinums I've got in there right now, lol.

But yeah, general tune up, maybe run some sea-foam or GM Top End cleaner through there, and you'll be good to go.