2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer running like crap! help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:52 PM
crx_soldier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer running like crap! help!

i have a 95 blazer, i was on a road trip when it starter to loose power, eventually, before i made it home, it would stall when i pressed the gas pedal. i cant figure out whats wrong with it. i replaced the cap, plugs, wires, fuel pump. fuel pressure is good. no check engine light is on. it idles rough and when the gas pedal is pressed it boggs and eventually stalls out. i havent checked the cat. converter yet im not sure if that is the problem. if you have any suggestions please contact me

contact info:

AIM Cyphis7x
email: cyphis2000@aol.com

Old 12-06-2006, 05:20 PM
s15kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer running like crap! help!

Since you have changed out most everything I hope you checked the air filter too. Also not all troubles will kick the check engine light on. So you may want to unhook the negative cable for about 20 minutes and see if that changes how it runs. NOT A PERMANET FIX, your trouble will come back. The only other thing could be you have some bad gas and need to put some additivtes in it? One other thing, did you change the fuel filter? Good Luck.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you may have water in the tank. Grab yourself two bottles of ISOHEAT from your local Walmart or autoparts store. Dump it down the tank. If there is room in the tank for more fuel, fill it up. Give that a try.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:08 PM
FImports is an unknown quantity at this point

my truck does that sometimes,oil press drops,almost shuts off.i can be in park and step on the gas well i mean really floor it and when the (rpm's)come done it will shut off.does anyone know whats going on thanks.............