2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer stumbles when accelerator pushed hard, No Error Codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Remove the clamps, then use (large) channel lock pliers where the clamps were to twist the hose until it breaks loose from the filler neck, works every time

Old 08-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Beginning Member
myZR2blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Remove the clamps, then use (large) channel lock pliers where the clamps were to twist the hose until it breaks loose from the filler neck, works every time

I only had channel locks big enough to try on the vent tube. It wouldn't budge! Then I cut it with a razor knife. Still would budge. I ended up having to cut tube along vent pipe (not across) until I could pry it up then unstick it.

The filler neck tube I jest cut across the tube then once the take was dropped I had to do the same process as the vent tube.

It seemed like it was glued on with a thin cement or maybe they put some type of lube at the factory that acted like glue after 14 years.

Last edited by myZR2blazer; 08-21-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Beginning Member
Default Fuel Pump O-Ring

Believe it or not I am still working on this damn thing. When done I'm thinking about taking a trip to GM to slap some engineers.

Now my latest problem:
I have the tank dropped and all cleaned out. Waited a day for it to dry. Now it's time to install new pump.

First I test fitted the pump without the O-ring. Fits perfect, everything lines up.

Next I try with the O-ring. It won't fit!! I coated the seat and O-ring with thin layer of lube. Still no luck. I'm afraid something is going to break if I push any harder. It needs to insert far enough to get a horseshoe clip to engage.

What's the secret to getting this pump to seat properly?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Make sure the pump is plumb in the tank, then push it down and install the lock ring. Clean motor oil works well to lube it up.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Make sure the pump is plumb in the tank, then push it down and install the lock ring. Clean motor oil works well to lube it up.

Thanks for the reply. I finally gained the intelligence to compare the new O-ring to the old one, The new one is slightly thicker and not as pliable. It is also black when the oem is blue.

The pump was oem bulk pack, so they probably lost the original and put one that looks like it will work but is slightly off.

When I did a test fit with the old ring the pump went in perfect.

So now I have to wait until Monday for an O-ring that I ordered for $6.00.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Beginning Member
Default New Fuel Pump Installed

It took a few weeks to get it done but now the new fuel pump is installed.
I have been test driving for a little over a week.
The problem is fixed!!
Thanks to all who helped.
Next . . . . the water pump.
Mark

Old 11-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Beginning Member
Fryer, Nick is on a distinguished road

I noticed this problem when I got my Blazer back from the shop. It would only really do it in first gear, but it did it enough where I would notice it. I figured maybe the fuel pump is going, but didn't do anything about it. Sure enough 2 months later, I'm stuck in a parking lot, engine is cranking, but just won't start. Hit 500 rpms first try and stalled, then never got any response again. Was quite fun, and I mean depressing.