2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

The pressure really looks sufficient to start the truck... The pressure bleed down worries me, but it does not fully explain the no start condition.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 PM
hebelracing38 is an unknown quantity at this point

And on a side note, it has done something today that it hasnt in the past. If it sits for a few hours and you jump on and turn it over, it start but chokes out after 3 secs or so, so I dont know if what you are saying is true, if the FPR is leaking, then maybe gas is in the manifold and thats what it runs on for a few seconds after its been sittin. Also, whats with the price of the FPR, its just a lil stinking thing, OMG! $60.00 I dont get it.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:46 AM

So as far as it leaking into the manifold, is that what gives me a momentary start/run? Also if the prssure while running/starting on starting fluid, does that indicate the FPR is bad or good?

Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 PM

How can I test for voltage at the wiring plug for the fuel injection spider. As you said the pressure should be sufficent enough to start so wont it start, and when it does run on starting fluid it holds steady at 55psi.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The SCFI wiring makes this difficult. Typically you would use what is called a noid light which would plug into the harness and light when the connector received power.

I am beginning to wonder if this is not an ignition switch problem, causing the PCM to not open the injectors.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:42 PM

The ignition switch inthe steering column? Can I test that in a certain way, and can I use a volt/ohm meter to test the wiring harness? Also, on a side note, dont know if it is related, but ever since the no start happened, I cannot roll down my drivers side window (power windows), all others work fine.

One more thing, could the leak down be cause by a leak in the sending unit. I asked you accouple months ago about the code I got its a P0442, dealership said that they detected a leak in the sending unit in the gas tank, so that where my fuel pressure drop after key off is coming from, and still after sitting for almost 24hrs, no visible gas leaking in the intake manifold and FPR is dry as a bone.

Cant believe I didnt think of that earlier, but thats what it seems it that the injectors are not injecting. I searched other ignition switch problems and found others with the same no fire and a problem in the drivers door.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:15 PM

So Kyle, am I best off the get a new ignition switch, I can get one from autozone $50.60, so at least its not too expensive, I just put the top end back to together still no start, and there was no visible fuel leaks in the intake from the injection spider or the FPR, and it sat for about a day and a half.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Administrator

A P0442 code is an EVAP code, which only has to do with the evaporative emissions part of the fuel system, not the actual fuel delivery side of things, so no, the P0442 code has nothing to do with your fuel pressure leak down issue. It is possible that the leak down is caused by a faulty or stuck check valve in the pump. This can be checked using the procedure in the fuel system diagnosis thread in the DIY section. It involves bleeding the pressure down to 10psi and watching it after that.

As far as your ignition switch is concerned, I am leaning towards that being the cause of your no-start as you do have sufficient fuel pressure to start and a failed ignition switch can cause the injectors not to fire (among a host of other issues that can result). Aside from testing the injector function with a noid light... But as I said, testing with a noid light given the odd setup of the SCFI injection harness can be problematic. You have not noticed the "security" light being on persistently have you?

Old 01-01-2009, 02:23 PM

No the security light has not been on, it comes on during the normal run through when the key is turned on, but goes off when the rest of the lights do.
*COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS*
I got the old switch out, actually wasnt too bad of a job, will be getting the new one tomorrow, and I will hopefully have a functioning truck again, I'll let you know.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:04 PM

I got the old switch out, actually wasnt too bad of a job, will be getting the new one tomorrow, and I will hopefully have a functioning truck again, I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help