2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM
hebelracing38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Disappointment, [:@], switch did literally nothing, stuck it in before buttoning it all up, and she just turns over and over, IDK what to do, I'm at my wits end, this blazer is really upsetting me.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:48 AM

So what is my next logical step, I really need to get this thing running.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you need to make sure that the PCM is triggering the injectors properly.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 AM

So am I best of to go the a junk yard and try a different one, I'm friends with a local junk yard so I could probably borrow on for next to nothing.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Different what? PCM? If you can find one from a truck with almost the same (or more) options as yours (check the RPO code list and compare), then yeah, go for it.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:14 AM

Otherwise how can I test my current PCM, is there a way without sophisticated tools? And if the pcm isnt telling the cpfi to work, then is it the pcm, or a sensor of some sort or what?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:36 PM

Ok, so just to rule out any and all possibilitys, I went out and got a OBDII reader, and I have no DTC's stored in my computer, still no run though. Still runs on starting fluid, no blinking security light, and no lights on when running on starting fluid. So I guess I have to check the PCM or replace it?? Also will a faulty front impact senseor keep the motor from running, sounds like a stretch but just curious. I have had that for accouple months now, wasnt goin to pay $400 for the dealership to do it.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Administrator

No, a faulty front impact sensor will only trigger an airbag light.

Aside from testing for the injector pulse at the injector harness on top of the motor, I am afraid there are very few other checks that can be done without specialized equipment, as far as the PCM is concerned. The fact that it will start on starting fluid and run until the fluid is dissipated tells me that you are not getting fuel. Since you have checked everything else, that leaves either harness damage affecting all cylinders or a PCM problem.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:56 PM

So if it is a PCM problem, if I go and get one from the boneyard, how does that affect the mileage on the vehilce, is that saved in the PCM or else where??

Old 01-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Administrator

The PCM does store the mileage information. You can get the replacement PCM reprogrammed at the dealer and it will likely only cost you around an hour or two worth of shop time. You definitely want to make sure that the PCM is good from the other truck first though. This you should be able to do without reprogramming it, however, you will have to run through the Passlock reprogramming as detailed in the DIY section.

Quick Reply: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help