2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
hebelracing38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Ok, got a PCM from a salvage yard, is the passlock something that is on all the Blazers? I thought u had a specail key for that, or maybe I was ill informed/

Old 01-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read the Passlock reprogramming thread in the DIY section?

Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 PM

Yes, I read it and did it, worked after the 4th time, battery kept dieing in the middle of it, but seems still no luck, no start, will have to fully charge the battery and try again in morning to see if she starts.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 PM

I am about to lose my mind, got the battery fully charged, pcm programmed, and still not start/run, and still runs on starting fluid. I believe I am running out of options of what to look at and fix. What else can cause the fuel injection to not work, sensors, wiring harness, I cant afford to take it to a dealership, what my next spot to check??

Old 01-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is not a whole heck of a lot more that I can think of... Have you checked to see if the injectors are trying to fire? The pink wires at the main wiring plug to the injector pack should have +12V with the key on. The PCM collapses the ground to the injectors to fire them.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:53 PM

Ok, I have 12V at 6 of the 12 connector pins on the wiring harnes which should be right right?

Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Yes, these pins should correspond to the pink wires where they enter into the connector itself.

The next thing to do is check the PCM grounds. The two main grounds that feed the PCM are G103 (back of passenger side cylinder head) and G105 (back of driver side cylinder head).

What was your fuel pressure again?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:31 PM

Alright, I will check those as soon as I get home, and pressure are as follows, Key On: 61psi while priming then 55 psi and slowly falls then stops, Trying to Start, 61psi, Running on Starting Fluid, steady at 55psi until motor dies. During running and starting the pressure held steady, so it looks like thsoe are good, there was a little leak down when key was off but not much.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:02 PM

I see the ground on the passenger side, but I see no ground on the drivers side, where/ where is it visible from, or where exactly is it located?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 PM

Ive been reading into some stuff, is it possible for the oil pressure fuel cut-out switch to be bad, or would that through a code?

Quick Reply: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help