2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:54 PM
hebelracing38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

I have 12v through the harness, I have tested two grounds through the pcm connections and they were ok, so what is my next step, are there more grounds to check??

Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am still at work. Thanks for the impatient PM though...

I was able to find the PCM connections which came from the service information from my 2000 Bravada in my photobucket account already:

What was the resistance reading on the grounds?

You could try grabbing another oil pressure sending unit to see if it affects things. I know that the service information lists an oil pressure fuel shutoff, but I cannot find it anywhere in any schematics, nor does the PCM have an input for that.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:32 PM

Where exactly is the oil pressure switch located??

Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As stated in a few other threads turned up using the search function, it is located between the distributor and the driver side cylinder head. It kind of points towards the passenger door. It can be fun to get at. You will definitely want to pull the distributor cap, but that may not give you enough room.

Here is an image showing component locations:

Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Ok, I will go look at that right now, you know, when I have been around that area recentley, I've smelt burnt oil, but just in that area and not from the motor itself. Also ohms on the grounds where from 00.0 to 00.2

Old 01-07-2009, 10:20 PM

Ok, located it, looked at, pondered, made sure the connection was tight, and still nuttin, and the oil pressure gauge works fine in the truck, but still no fire in the motor, still runs on starting fluid, so what left can explain why the fuel injectors are not firing, now, with a volt/ohm meter could i monitor voltage while turing the motor over to see if the voltage changes at the fuel injection harness, and from what u said the voltage drops because the ground collapses? Also any other grounds in the pcm to check, and does the pcm itself need to be grounded?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:36 PM

Is there any other components that can kill the fuel injection signal, sensors or what not?

Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Have you verified that the injectors are not working? A test light with the clamp on the positive post of the battery and the probe on one of the ground pins in the injection harness should tell you this.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 PM

No, I have not but I will and will let you know, now the should be on or off with the key on and go on/off when trying to start right.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Administrator

You will have to watch the light closely and have someone crank the engine over while you watch. The light will be off (no ground) when the key is off and it will pulse on whenever the ground circuit is completed.

Quick Reply: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help