2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
hebelracing38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

OK, I will be testing that, one other question, this is goin back to the oil pressure sensor, how long should it normally take to see a reading on the gauge. It seems to take awhile to get a reading but once its there it looks good. Also in looking up new oil pressure sensors I have noticed that there is a one terminal design and a three terminal design, does that mean anything along the line of one being capable of shutting of the injectors and one is just normal??

Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 PM

Ok, just did a preliminary test with a volt ohm meter, one test point onpositive of the battery, on a ground on the wiring harness. Now with key off, I had a completed circuit, I showed voltage, and when I cranked the voltage just dropped didnt come and go as a pulse would indicate.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Reading the schematic, it shows the PCM grounding the injectors. What happens if you test with the clamp to ground and then test one of the power wires?

Old 01-09-2009, 05:13 PM

I get no voltage at key of, 12v at key on and steady volatge, drops a lil since batterys dieing again when cranking.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 AM

So if the injectors are grounded all the time what does this mean, theres a short some where?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your results do not make any sense at all... For there to be a short, it would have to be a short to ground on all six injectors. They all have their own ground wire to the PCM. But if they were grounded all of the time, then the injectors would be open whenever the key was turned on and the power to them was established... This would mean that they would be spraying constantly whenever the key was on.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Ok, so in theory, there is always a constant 12v supply on the power side of the injector wiring, and then the pcm creates a ground to fire them right, the way you worded it awhile ago made it sound like there is always a ground which didnt make much sense. So key on, if I test through the harness it self, one lead on hot and one on return wire to pcm, there should be no light/ no completed circuit correct, then if i turn it over the light should pulse indicating the completed circuit, correct?

Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 PM

OK, I got my self a circuit tester light, and guess what, it reads differentley then the the volt ohm meter did, and the test results came out just as you described. So when cranking the light fashes as the pluses are received, and they do they on all injectors. So it looks like I need a new fuel injection spider huh?
*COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS*
I went and picked up a circuit tester light, and now I have the ture test results. Light pulses when engine is cranking, and it does this across the connector harness on all negative terminals. SO looks like I need a new fuel injection system huh?
I went and picked up a circuit tester light, and now I have the ture test results. Light pulses when engine is cranking, and it does this across the connector harness on all negative terminals. SO looks like I need a new fuel injection system huh?
So is my deduction right? Also what is the best afordable replacement brand. Also one from autozone says it needs a new bracket but adavanced auto doesnt say anything about an extra bracket?

*PLEASE USE THE EDIT FEATURE TO ADD TO A POST IF NOBODY HAS RESPONDED SINCE YOUR LAST ONE. THANKS*

Old 01-10-2009, 04:15 PM

Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 PM

So is my deduction right? Also what is the best afordable replacement brand. Also one from autozone says it needs a new bracket but adavanced auto doesnt say anything about an extra bracket?

Quick Reply: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help