2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blocked Up Evap Lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Beginning Member
Xipher is on a distinguished road

Seems like its dead level at the metal pipe between the hoses for the filler neck and the hose going to the fuel tank.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...ink_copy_flash

I'm gonna go try and put a few gallons in...

Old 03-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member

OK...

Gas goes in without any drama, put in almost 6 gallons with the handle on full, no issues.

I blew out all the lines (one was a little plugged it seemed and took 3-4 blasts?)

Took everythin filler neck related apart and looked in it........... and scratched my head a lot because there was nothing to possibly obstruct anything.

After using a hose puller and a 1.5ton jack held in place with my foot in a highly questionable manner, I got the hose off the gas tank, poked my finger in expecting a ball, got a metal door.

I think during one of my FITS OF RAGE in trying to get the hose off the tank, I knocked the metal door loose, and all the fiddling about and poking at it may have freed it up?

I have no idea, just like the misfire on a single cyl that went away after changing the O2 sensor, the Blazer is a mystical beast akin to a unicorn, we will never fully understand the mysterious ways in which it works...

I did pretty much nothing and the problem got fixed, TADA... sorry for whoever has this problem next and comes to this thread hoping to find a solution, all I can say is, take it all apart, look at it, cuss for 5-6 hours in your driveway, put it all back together (the cussing acts as a magical incantation FYI) and bam, FIX'D!

Seriously though, this problem has existed since I got the vehicle a year ago or so... how did anything I did today fix it?!

Last edited by Xipher; 03-28-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Odd. Something screwy, even the one in the Youtube video with a plastic tank showed the ball. Whatever it was, I'd say you freed it up. If it happens again, I'd think seriously about removing the spring loaded door. BTW, did you try stuffing a hose through the entire filler neck?

Old 03-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Beginning Member

Did not try to put a hose through the whole filler neck, I imagine it'd be HARD though given the big bend after the initial hose.

I'm with you, I think something got freed up, and if it does happen again, I think dropping the tank and trying to YANK out that trap door thing is a good idea.