2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Breaks on Blazer Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:11 PM
EEZ
EEZ is on a distinguished road
Question Breaks on Blazer Question

Hello wonder if i can get some help or advice on this subject

I have been having some break issues, breaks binding on and off after a 30~45 min cool down

Today I went to the local wallmart and as I drove into the parking lot I could feel the breaks binding on, its like an auto break as when you lift you foot of the gas peddle, the car almost comes to a crawling stop while still in drive... it will just say there as if the foot break is pressed on and not go anywhere; as you hit the gas and she will try and move forward but the breaks are now binding on and doing over 3000 rpm to get anywhere is not good at all

This is the second time this has happened but I have now noticed, that when this all starts to happen, the break peddle will get Rock Hard and higher than normal.

What gives

elimination process, I have done:

Taken the ABS 10 A fuse out
Check the break fld. ok
Breaks pads was changed 6 months ago, added new rotors to boot. ok
No leaks or break fld. pipes etc all clean, same at caliper ends, no leaks. ok

Q.
Now as I have taken out the fuse for the ABS then this eliminates the issue that it could be electrical/computer issue system right? coz idk.

also as I said, if I turn the ignition off and let the car rest for 30-45 mins, all the issues go-a-way what gives

so, the day all this {snit} happens, is the day I have to look at the issue or goto pet boys, but the last time I did that it was about 4:30pm and they close at 6pm and the guy did not want to start a job that the issue would dissipear over night, which i totally understand

also new issue is when driving down the hi-way doing around 68 > 72 the front of the car is like shaking and if i back her down to 65 the shaking stops
What gives

anyone here had any issues like ths before on a 2003/4
2 Door, V6 blazer and offer any advice it will be much appreciated

its like trying to climb a tree, balancing 25 eggs on your head

Old 03-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

My Caravan did something similar a few years back, the brakes were harder than I thought they should be and not too linear in feel and if I pressed hard the van would stick and not move forward. It was like that for months, not as bad as yours but similar. After one day I noticed the rim was too hot to touch (chrome rims) so I called my mom's boyfriend and he looked at it the next day to find a cooked rotor and brake pads. Replaced them and tried to bleed the brakes but they were rock hard with the engine off. The brake hose had somehow collapsed after the initial press on the brakes and the pads would stilll be in contact with the rotor. After sitting, it would open up enough for fluid to pass through once and then it would repeat. Sorry, long post , just my two cents of experience

Old 03-13-2011, 02:48 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to '2nd Gen Tech'. Please pay attention to which section you post it.*

Old 03-28-2011, 03:42 PM
EEZ

Thank for the post and the longer the post the better LOL
well i have looked at the break hoses and all seams to be OK, i have also gone to 3 or 4 different mechanics and got some advice that it could be a Vacuum leak issues or Break unit balance issue, so when this happens again i am taking it around to my friends house who has all the equipment to look for this issue, but it is so frigging annoying as the issue pops up ramdomley and then go's away ramdomley and the shaking is related and also ramdomley. idk what that is but, it only happens when the breaks are starting to bind on so, i have avoided doing Any hi-way driving and sticking to the "A/B" roads until this prob. re-a-cures.

FYI, my blazer is Not 4wd just 2wd, 2 door, V6 vetch, year 03/04.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 PM
EEZ
Question Blazer 2004 2wd Brake Issues

I have some issues with my brakes on my v6 2wd 2004 blazer?

it apears to be the front brakes ramdomly binding on and off and they do get really really HOT, Just had new brakes installed and new rotors to boot, also Flush and refil, on the brk Fld, and thought that might be the issue but it is not
also pulled the ABS fuse to see if it was a computer issue but nope sill dose its binding on thing...

it just happens out of the blue, one day they are binding on, next 45 mis/or a day or so later, there are no issues what so ever...

anyone have any ideas coz its driving me a bit

Last edited by rriddle3; 04-03-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling (brake) and moved to '2nd Gen Tech'
Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 PM
EEZ

Last edited by rriddle3; 04-03-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Reason: Corrected spelling (brake)
>>> thank you for catching that <<<

Moved to '2nd Gen Tech'
>>> Where the *ell is "2nd Gen Tech" Please provide link,
thank you <<<

Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

A snapshot of the Main Page Index

Attached Thumbnails Breaks on Blazer Question-main.gif