Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Budget build! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/budget-build-62495/)

Mnstregy54 08-26-2011 01:35 AM

Budget build!

ok i need some help. im on a super tight budget. lowering kit and parts for more power....suggestions???

Debonair 08-26-2011 05:53 AM

info on truck, engine?

kristoph30 08-26-2011 07:54 AM

I know im going to offend you so consider yourself warned.
If youre on a super tight budget, do nothing.
Put the money in the bank so when something breaks on the blazer you can afford to fix it. Cant tell you how many trucks i see all tricked out with 20's that run like crap.

Like I said, i know its not what you wanted to hear.

pettyfog 08-26-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by kristoph30 (Post 455971)
Put the money in the bank so when something breaks on the blazer you can afford to fix it. Cant tell you how many trucks i see all tricked out with 20's that run like crap.

x2
All you have to do is read up on here.... use 'new posts'. If you dont have enough set aside in your budget to buy an AC Delco fuel pump, you got no business installing 'Trick'.

Kristoph and I live in Ohio so we will only have half the fuel system problems people in some places will have*. but it's the fact of life. Blazers are high maintenance beauties... that's why you can get them cheap.

Still fun, still cheaper than a car payment and other than rust almost no depreciation to speak of ... but it's no Honda Civic.

Now that all the caveats and warnings are out of the way.. rest of you modder types help the guy out! :)

xgiovannix12 08-26-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by kristoph30 (Post 455971)

Originally Posted by pettyfog (Post 455986)
x2
All you have to do is read up on here.... use 'new posts'. If you dont have enough set aside in your budget to buy an AC Delco fuel pump, you got no business installing 'Trick'.

Kristoph and I live in Ohio so we will only have half the fuel system problems people in some places will have*. but it's the fact of life. Blazers are high maintenance beauties... that's why you can get them cheap.

Still fun, still cheaper than a car payment and other than rust almost no depreciation to speak of ... but it's no Honda Civic.

Now that all the caveats and warnings are out of the way.. rest of you modder types help the guy out! :)

I do agree i always make sure my trucks running 100 %

Mnstregy54 08-26-2011 02:30 PM

what i meant to say was what are the best cheap parts to buy? thts what i meant by super tight budget

warthogdriver 08-26-2011 03:52 PM

if you want cheap then go autozone lifetime...will be cheap and when they brake you get a new one...if you dont count your labor then that is cheapest.

they have lowering blocks and then you can crank t-bar down...maybe drop an inch.
(i lifted so i might be of no help here) just going on common sense....if you lift more then 1.5" = trouble...so drop more then 1.5" = trouble??

as far as power....you would have to do a 350 swap...why build up an old engine that wasnt built for it in the first place?
get a 350...set it aside and rebuild as your budget allows...then drop her in when you are ready. save a little and spend a little...moderation is key in most things.

do the drop for your visual gratification then power as your budget allows.

thats my plan.

TheRandom1 08-26-2011 05:41 PM

Cheap+modding=broken cheap crap. If you can't afford decent stuff, save until you can. You'll save yourself from having to redo stuff more than once.

AJBert 08-26-2011 10:27 PM

No such thing as a "budget build". Sounds like you've been watching Power Block too much.

Debonair 08-27-2011 06:07 AM

the only way i can see building anything like a budget build, is buy used parts, can be risky, but you might come across parts that werent used, or things that were used for 3,000 miles and then taken out for something bigger.

and junkyard parts