2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

A/C Problems Continue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:28 AM
jkcizbck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A/C Problems Continue...

So now i know there is a leak somewhere and the compressor is not getting any power :-/ I checked the voltage on the compressor and it read .06 lol. I tried jumping the pins on the dryer to see if the compressor would engage but that didn't do anything. I checked the fuse which is good. Any ideas? Bad wire maybe? Can I somehow try to jump start the compressor, just give it some juice to see if it would engage? Battery or something?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A/C Problems Continue...

It could be the compressor relay as well. If the relay is bad, you cannot jump it through the low pressure switch. Most often, I jump it directly at the clutch itself with a fused jumper wire. You have to apply both +12V and ground to the connector on the clutch for it to engage.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:36 AM

Ok, could you explain how to jump it i don't want to burn anything down lol, where would each wire go on the clutch terminal pins?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Should be the same wiring as my old 2k Bravada. If you are looking at the connector on the vehicle wiring harness, there should be a black wire and a dark green wire. The black wire is the ground and should test as such when doing a continuity test. The dark green wire is the +12V feed from the A/C compressor relay.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:53 AM

K i'll try that, i'll post with the results. What about the ac compressor relay? Where can I find that? I know there are 3 relays in the glove box, would it be one of those?