2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

A/C puzzeling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 AM
jmillermcd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A/C puzzeling Problem

About 3 weeks ago my blower fan started staying on even with the ignition turned off so i just started turning it off at the control panel. Now it doesnt work at all everything else on the dash and interior works fine. The compressor doesnt engage as well. I checked the control switches, the fan motor, the relays and the resistor but still no luck finally after checking the wiring i found that i have no power going to the fuse block on the side of the dash???? i cant figure out why i have no power going into the fuse block for just the blower fan???? can anyone help me with this??

James

Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A/C puzzeling Problem

I would suspect a wiring/circuitry problem. Most likely, the main power wire for the fan has shorted to another power wire that was hot at all times. Sometime after that happened, it broke loose all together resulting in your current no power situation. You will want to look for any pinched or otherwise damaged wiring under the dash as well as under the hood.

Does the fan work normally if you place a fused jumper between the battery positive and the output side of the fuse location? If you need to determine the output side of the fuse location, you will have to test continuity at the fuse location and at the back of the HVAC module and/or resistor block.

To expand further, you really need to provide some more details about your truck. Year is a requirement, but you also should include if you have the automatic climate control or manual.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
jmillermcd is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry about that the vehicle is a 97 s10 extended cab pick-up i did user a wire to jump the fuse block but it still did nothing. also it is not auto climate comtrol. i have been told by some friends that it may be in the ignition switch but that doesnt make sense to me because everything else still works when the switch is turned.
James

Old 09-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member
OOPS242 is an unknown quantity at this point

This probably is not your problem, but worth a note. I had the belt split, and half break off.. It broke the plug off the top of the a/c comp.. I got to say they was very smart putting it in that location[:@]