2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

can this blazer be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: can this blazer be fixed?

That has to be the oddest insurance settlement I have ever heard of.

It may be possible that the driveshaft is just pushed into the transfer case, opening up the lip seal at the back, allowing fluid to run out along the driveshaft front yoke, but after a hit like that, I would be very skeptical of the transfer case actually working properly in the long term.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Swiss is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea i'm sure your right, dunno what to do at this point

Old 10-28-2008, 09:15 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

in that one pic of the drivers side rear door with that gap i`m sure the roof got kinked.. can you get a pic of the roof? Time to make a that a topless 4 door...

Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 AM

ya the roof is bent right over the back doors and there's a gap. thats why originally i was wondering what it would cost to straiten the unibody or w/e.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You need to get a price on the frame straightening. Also the sheet metal to replace the rear quarter panels all the way up to the roof is VERY expensive. Alot of times on the older blazers damage to that panel by itself will total it out. Get some better pics of the frame underneath the body, and take those pics to a frame shop and see what the cost to repair that would be. If you can replace the body panels yourself, the biggest cost is that frame repair.

Then you could consider keeping it or not....but right now we're just guessing [&o]

Old 10-28-2008, 11:14 AM
z28jeff is an unknown quantity at this point

What? I'm no insurance agent, but this makes no sence to me. If what you're saying is true, then I could be driving through Michigan in my Camaro (I'm using the Camaro as an example because it's worth alot more then my Jimmy), stop at a redlight or stop to make a legal left-hand turn... and get plowed from behind from a driver who's not paying attention totaling my Z28. Then get handed a check for $500 and told "Sorry bout your luck." !? I don't think so.
Someone (presumibly the at-fault driver's insurance company) , at least owes you book value for your totaled Blazer.
Call your insurance company, call the other person's insurance company...hell, call an attorney, but don't take this bull****.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to things across state lines, it gets messy.

In this case, I would have definitely called an attorney. Not knowing what kind of insurance coverage you have, I really do not know what to say... What did the police report say?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 PM

ya thats how i felt, like what if someone had a mercedes on comp just for a short time like to get by for a week and that happened. but thats just how it is in a no fault state, i threw a fit believe me, wasn't for a couple weeks after that i was told all this, i was assuming i'd receive 2500 or so, but i spoke with my insurance company which told me theres nothing you can do about it, i asked about sueing and he said only thing you could sue for is if they aren't willing to give the 500. (the perps insurance company)

Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM

i had pl/pd insurance.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:21 PM

Here is a jist of it.

Drivers are not required to purchase a collision insurance policy by the Michigan No Fault Act. This makes collision insurance different from the basic No Fault Insurance policy that IS required by the Act. Even though the law does not require a driver to buy collision insurance, it is still usually a good idea to purchase a policy if you can afford one. The reason is that if you do not have collision insurance, you will have to pay for the repairs to your car even if you were not at fault in the accident. If you were not at fault, you may be able to collect $500.00 from the negligent driver in a "mini-tort claim," but this is the most you will be able to collect. If you were at fault, you will not be able to collect anything.

for the rest of it

http://www.buckfirelaw.com/library/m...ent-lawyer.cfm

Quick Reply: can this blazer be fixed?