2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

check engine and abs/brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009 | 04:24 PM
|
Beginning Member
hirni is on a distinguished road
Unhappy please help - P030x, P1638, P1637 and C0265 frustrate me

Hi all together,

My baby is really in need: I tried to find a workshop with experience for my 2001 Blazer but here is nobody. Not even the GM dealer can help and I am always lucky if I get her out of the workshop with less malfunctions than she had before. Also it takes weeks so that it's better to say "change this and this and be careful with this here and there..." It's a headache.

Since a few weeks I have trouble with the ignition between 2500 and 3000 RPM: Ceck Engine light flashes for few seconds and I got these codes:

P0305 - Cyl.5 Misfire
P0300 - Random Misfire
P1637 - Generator F-Circuit Terminal
P1638 - Generator L-Circuit Terminal

but there is no abnormal noise or stutter...?

When the Engine is hot, ABS and handbrake lights stay on and I get the code

C0265 - EBCM Motor Relay Circuit (Dealer comment after they changed the whole handbrake(): "We can't repair this. Your car is too old...Wouldn't you like to buy a new..." ...And it pains again... )

The lightshow is perfect on the highway: ABS and Brake, Engine light and Overspeed flashing one by one... - -

I really don't know what next. Have changed battery, alternator, spark plugs and cables. Compression in the cylinders is ok, too.

What would you try next: crankshaft sensor, ignition switch, distributor, PCM, coil, EBCM?

Greets - hirni

Last edited by hirni; 11-08-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-08-2009 | 03:57 PM
|
Beginning Member

PS: I gave it up to find an economic solution. Please tell me what you would try or exchange and in wich sequence.

Old 11-08-2009 | 05:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

C0265/C0266 - EBCM Motor Relay Circuit - you'll likely be looking at a rebuilt EBCM - There is an online rebuilding company that others have commented on as being very good, but I cannot remember the name of it at the moment.

P030x - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected - There is also a quite extensive thread on this. A search will turn it up.

P1637 - Generator L-Terminal
P1638 - Generator F-Terminal

Run through the testing required to diagnose this code. If you need the general charging system tests, let me know.

Old 11-09-2009 | 07:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In response to your PM, I created the following post in the Tech Article (DIY) section:
Charging System Test (book methods) by swartlkk

Old 11-12-2009 | 01:41 AM
|
Beginning Member
Thumbs up

Hi Swartlkk,

Thanks so much. It's nice to have now.
This weekend I'll check the charging system and keep the forum informed.

Great job, man!

Update: Just got an EBCM from the butcher. Ok, it looks like one for the GMC Yukon...but it fits perfect and I made some emergency stops on these silted desert roads here: It works well since 150km. My Lightshow gets smaller...

Greets from Arabia - Hirni

Last edited by hirni; 11-12-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-14-2009 | 12:58 PM
|
Beginning Member
Talking the only fun this weekend - i take it sarcastic

My mechanic was rebuilding his workshop this saturday so he sent me to an electrican to find out what's on with the charging system.
Nice:
He had no scan tool and he replaced the Electrifyer without any result.
And he replaced the distributor cap without any result.

My Engine sounds a bit knocking and I am tired of this wasted money and time...

The only useful thing what happened today: I asked the butcher for a used alternator for a test run and he agreed. Will give this a try next weekend...

Greets from the dry desert grounds

Old 11-17-2009 | 01:32 AM
|
Beginning Member
Talking got it now - except P0300x...

Ok, so far, on sunday I visited the electrican again at 7AM before my working time starts. He exchanged the regulator of my alternator in 15min and since then I have had no charging problems.

Now it's time for P0300x which still occurs between 2500 and 3000 RPM.
I already ordered a new distributor from your continent.
Should arrive here next days...

Greets - hirni

Old 11-17-2009 | 06:13 AM
Administrator

Sounds great! Thanks for the update and keep us informed as to your continued progress!

Old 11-27-2009 | 01:03 PM
|
Beginning Member
Talking

Hi Swartlkk,

the distributor was not the problem. I still have misfire after replacing it.
Last time on two trips the engine was stuttering a bit. It happens not always but I have to solve this. It really hurts me, when the engine is running like this.

I will go to the workshop again tomorrow. Do you think it makes sense to change the crankshaft & camshaft sensors?

Greets - hirni

Old 12-13-2009 | 10:45 AM
|
Beginning Member
Talking finally is never

Just to keep you updated:
Meanwhile the injector is cleaned but the misfire is still present.
So I ordered a new one. Letīs see whatīs next...

Quick Reply: check engine and abs/brake lights