2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

chevy blazer 2000 z pkg 4 wheel drive problem, please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:21 PM
dawnmarie515 is on a distinguished road
Default chevy blazer 2000 z pkg 4 wheel drive problem, please help

My blazer check engine light comes on periodically, it comes up emissions which at 1st was just not clicking the gas tank lid enough for the pressure. Over the last 6 months my gas mileage is very bad...but my RPMs would go very high shifting no biggie, O'Reilly's guy said TPS but I'm thinking something else...last couple weeks, from start off its been back firing...hard to accelerate but fine once you got going. Now hard to get RPMS up enough to get going...this last week it acted up even after it was warm. High RPMS at shifting were 3000-3200. Can someone please give me the best sensor to replace or oxygen?? Thanks so much!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

The first thing you should do is get the actual codes and post them here. A particular code can be set by any number of things under a whole range of conditions. Codes don't actually tell you specifically which part is wrong; they tell you that there's a fault in a particular system. It takes proper diagnosis to find out where the actual problem is. From what you describe there could be problems in the fuel system, the ignition system, or the exhaust system. If you post the trouble codes here we might be able to help you find the actual problem instead of just throwing parts at it.

Good luck!

Old 09-01-2013, 06:34 AM
AndrewO1991 is on a distinguished road

here's my 2 cents. First, post the actual trouble codes (ex: P0301). But these transmissions will shift early with no tps response and never downshift if you romp it. I'm thinking it is holding a gear longer becasue you have to push the pedal further to make it go. More pedal = holds gears longer. So your motor is running poorly, I would have a fuel pressure test and leakdown done as well as make sure there are no vacuum leaks.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:40 AM
dawnmarie515 is on a distinguished road

Tried to remove O2 sensor to see if probs still occurred...was advice on different persons post, unfortunately, we couldn't even get it off, too old...like cemented in so note taken...next thing to replace! However during this process this is what my Dad found for y'all to play with; the transmission linkage part w screw has the end broken off...he says front linkage piece...looks as though it could fall off driving it...wouldn't actually know it until you stopped and switch gears...ex park, it wouldn't go you'd have to get underneath and push the rod back on?? He says there's supposed to be something that keeps the rod on and mine lol, apparently I've lost somewhere...maybe 4 wheeling!? So obviously this situation probly has absolutely nothing to do w rpm probs, he says needs fixing immediately? Plz feel free to comment on this also as I have no manual, however I've got my own tools excl. Specialty tools and I like to work on my own vehicle! Plz let me know anywhere I can download a FREE repair manual too, I've looked to no avail...but on a limited income, so parts are more than I can afford...my manual labor is free and I can print anything free. Please, help a woman out if possible, much appreciated...and I understand I can chat tomorrow?? As I'm a new member as of yesterday...anyone willing to help is appreciated, I am intelligent and educated..so lol..not a dumb blonde!! Thanks to all who read, post and can appreciate that I inherited this blazer from my husband..it was his beautiful toy and recently my baby...a mercury cougar got ditched at 60...lol, had a burial and this "winter only" vehicle became my main transportation immediately, but not by choice...thanks again!