2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Clickaty clack?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:34 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clickaty clack?????

Well now that its dipping down past that 0 mark my truck is deciding to worry me.

On start ups I get a weird clickaty clack from behind the glove box.

My first thought was the heater core since thats all I know of being behind there....but it dosent really sound like liquid. and it seems to go away when I hit the gas.

it almost sounds like a fan blade inconsistently hitting something behind the glove box. The sound doesnot change if I play with the hvac system.
anyone have any ideas as to what I can look for? I popped the hood and there dosent seem to be too much happening on that side of the engine.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:00 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Clickaty clack?????

Well, your fan blower motor is behind the firewall cover on that same side,but I can't understand why it would stop makeing a noise if you give it gas. That's the only thing that pops into my mind.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Clickaty clack?????

ya, it is a weird sound, it dosent do it all the time.....mainly on morning start ups................[&:]

guess I just wait for it to break then.......I have no idea.