2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

climate controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:26 PM
DJ 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default climate controls

I have had a leaky heater core, it turns on my service engine light every now and then but i ran the codes to know its my heater core. I just havent gotten around to replacing it knowing its not gonna be fun. Could someone link me a diy on this i know its here somewhere just didnt find it when i searched.

Next is when my blazer is running and my air is just turned off i hear a leaky air noise from my switches. i know its the vacuum to the switch that changes to ac, floor, vents, and defrost. any ideas on how to fix it i cant switch between setting or i can but it just blows out the top vents always. I know theres a gasket thing in there that isnt sealing right i tried greasing it but no luck. any ideas?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What code pointed you to the heater core??? What was the code specifically?

If you do not have proper vacuum supply to the HVAC controls, it will default to the floor and defrost vents. What exactly did you grease???

Old 04-29-2009, 03:41 PM
DJ 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the truck has been smelling like antifreeze for a while and when i pulled the carpet up to install some wire for my stereo the mat underneath was a little damp. I dont know the code exactly it hasnt came on in a while i just ran it up to auto-zone and they said heat something.

As far as the hvac goes im getting proper vacuum to the crontrol itself because i can hear it at all times. theres a little gasket looking thing that has grooves in it and when u turn the dial it turns and the groves direct vacuum to a different hose to change the vents. Its that seal that is leaking and i cant get it to seal very well so i tried putting a little grease on it to see if it would help but no luck. Theres a spring that pushes it also and i tried to stretch the spring a bit to to apply more pressure but still no luck.

I think im just gonna have to try and get a used one from the salvage yard. Tried to get one at autozone but they can only get the entire thing with all the switches and panel and that was like $160 so i said screw it for now.