2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Combos...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Combos...

So going to pick up my new blazer at noon... woot woot

CAI intake... new MAF sensor... and Lower Thermostat... = more power??

I was looking at the K&N and then a MAF that was supposedly tuned for CAI.... both on summit racing.... now each is like 300 bucks.. which to do first.. and the thermostat is like 30 bucks... and i was thinking of 160* or would 180* be better?

Also... would throwing a dual straight pipes on it f with an o2 sensor? I had plans to put dual straight pipes with an electric cutout behind headers...

input?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Starting Member
hkellogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wlorton
So going to pick up my new blazer at noon... woot woot

CAI intake... new MAF sensor... and Lower Thermostat... = more power??

I was looking at the K&N and then a MAF that was supposedly tuned for CAI.... both on summit racing.... now each is like 300 bucks.. which to do first.. and the thermostat is like 30 bucks... and i was thinking of 160* or would 180* be better?

Also... would throwing a dual straight pipes on it f with an o2 sensor? I had plans to put dual straight pipes with an electric cutout behind headers...

input?
unless you plan on racing go with a stock thermostat, no thermostat or lower thermostat doesn't hold the coolant in the radiator long enough to cool...but thats just my opinion, I think you are wasting your time on a non oe MAF I think you should get a w4me pcm tune instead and add the CAI

Old 08-08-2009, 01:17 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

yup i agree the new MAF and lower stat are a waste of money IMO. a good tune combined with a CAI and free flowing exhaust will be the most cost effective peformance upgrades. if you go with straight pipes from the cat back your o2 sensors should be fine, but if you remove the cats(Federal Offense) youll run into problems.