2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Couple Weird Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple Weird Problems

Ok so i have a little weird problem. The other morning i had my front deforster on and i noticed the truck was driving funny. What i mean by funny is i went to do a uturn i ahd my wheels fully cut to the left and i put my 4x4 hi on because it was raining and i didnt want my tires to spin out so when i hit the gas it acted like the parking brake was down (like it was being held back). So i put it back 2 2hi and it went fine. That whole day i drove around it was bothering me. Its not until i got 2 my friends house later that day and opend the hood and saw condensation on the ac receiver did i relize i had the front defroster on. Anyway another thing im noticing is that when the heat is on it likes to idle high about 500 rpms above what it normally would idle at and the tranny seems to shift funny. Like when im pulling off from a dead stop so i press the gas and then i have to hit the break or lay off the gas totally for some reason, the truck will idle high and it will sound like im on the gas when im not and then after 15- 20 seconds or so it will shift down and idle normally (like for instance if im going threw a drive threw and im waiting online the car ahead of me goes so i hit the gas to pull up but then let off the gas and not give it time to shift out of 1st it will hang and then shift) Im sorry for the weird descriptions i trying to put it the best way i can. When the heat isnt on though it runs beautiful. I also havent tried this with the AC yet but im going to assume it will probably do the same things.

Ok so bare with me, the other day i took my radiator cap off and there were little pieces of dexcool nere the lid. Heres a pic: Also the radiator and heater core were changed at 68,000 miles im now at 87,000 miles. Is this bad?

Last thing i did a lubing of my front end the other day and i squirted all my zerks and i noticed out of one the things i lubed , the lube was coming out of the sides of it. Is this bad? are they suppose to do that?

Thanks 4 the help!!

Last edited by cr8390; 04-23-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

#1 - The binding of the drivetrain while turning tight in 4wd, is completely normal.

#2 - Sounds like you may either have a throttle sticking issue. I doubt it is tied to the use of the heater...

#3 - Just clean that stuff out of the neck where the cap seals and I would not worry about it. If you need some extra peace of mind, flush the system. That looks like left over residue resulting from the leaking heater core.

#4 - Just wipe it off. When you pump more grease into a joint than it can hold, it has to come out somewhere.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:41 PM

kyle thanks so much i really appreciate it! 1 thing how do u go about fixing the throttle sticking i will do a search after typing this cause im sure its on here somewhere and 1 more thing when my key is in the ignition and the truck is started i can pull the key right out of the ignition when its running. I kinda like this because for instance if i bring my dog somewhere and i dont feel like taking my keys apart i can keep the truck running with the ac on 4 my dog but i no it shouldnt be like this and it bothers me is it a big job to fix? thanks again kyle your a life saver

Old 04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would start by cleaning the throttle body.

As far as the key thing. Your ignition cylinder is worn out. The only fix is a new ignition cylinder and unless you have your doors coded the same, you will have two keys..

Old 04-25-2009, 10:00 PM

alright well i dont mind about the key that much haha but thanks again kyle i really appreciate it

Old 04-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Administrator

NP. Let us know how the throttle body cleaning goes!