2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Daylight Sensing lights & keyless entry won't work

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Beginning Member
regulator71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Daylight Sensing lights & keyless entry won't work

I been trying to figure out this problem since it started earlier today. FirstI noticed that my keyless entry stopped working, I replaced the battery in the remote, and tried to reprogram it, but it did nothing. I just though my remote had seen better days, then I tried my wife's remote and it did nothing also. I found how to reprogram the remotes, andI tried to do so,but nothing happened. So my wife went to the store, and on the way back she told me that she had to manually turn on the headlights. So this has me confused more. If someone could shed a light in the right direction I should go I would much appreciate it. Thanks.
*COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS*
Sorry I forgot to add in there that it's a 1999 Blazer.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Beginning Member
Default RE: Daylight Sensing lights & keyless entry won't work

Sorry I forgot to add in there that it's a 1999 Blazer.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Beginning Member

Ok tonight I went out to check fuses on the dash and under the hood. Not a one of them is blown. I also discovered tonight that there are no interior lights, won't come on with the door, and can't turn them on manually.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If your headlight switch has the 'dome override' button underneath it, try pushing it until it dings and see if the lights start working.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:02 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Been there done that. Mine has it too. That will sure mess you up.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Mammys Car is an unknown quantity at this point

With the key in the "RUN" position, Push the 'dome over-ride' button 4 times within 6 seconds to hear a ding and switch off the "DRL" daytime running lights. The same procedure turns the "DRL" on.
When the snow stops, I'll try my 2000 and see if it also affects the automatic light switching.
Also, the automatic light switching is defeated on some models by the parking brake being on (others by being in park) so you might check the parking brake sensing switch (or park sense switch).
Please post when you find the solution and good luck.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Mammys Car is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Daylight Sensing lights & keyless entry wont work

With the key in the 'RUN' position, push the 'dome over-ride' button 4 times within 6 seconds to hear a ding and switch off the "DRL" daytime running lights. The same procedure turns the 'DRL' on. Or turning the ignition off then back on will reset the DRL to on.

When the snow stops, I'll try my 2000 and see if it also affects the automatic light switching.

Yes, the automatic light switching on is defeated when the 'DRL' is deactivated.

Also, the automatic light switching is defeated on some models by the parking brake being on (others by being in park) so you might check the parking brake sensing switch (or park sense switch).
Please post when you find the solution and good luck.

There was an errata sheet in my owner's manual that described the 'DRL deactivate method. It was a loose paper, the same size as the owner's manual pages and had part no. 15758812 printed on it. It contained a further message that the deactivation did not work for vehicles destined for Canada or for early production vehicles.

BTW the 'Dome over ride' button keeps the dome/courtesy lights off when the button is 'IN'. Furthermore defeating the 'DRL' has no affect on my key less entry.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Beginning Member

So, I'm stumped even more today. I get to work and my wife callsme and tells me she can't get it to start. She said it sounded like it was a sluggish crank, and then all it did was click. So I've been reading on here and I'm going to check the battery cables, and if that's not it, then I'll pull the battery and the alternator. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I'll post tonight, or tomorrow morning letting you know any updates. Thanks, inadvancefor any help.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

You said you checked the fuses under the hood, but did you also look for any inline fuses under the kickpanels/stearing column? not sure if your KE is aftermarket or not. just a thought.

Also a signature goes along way. just put your truck specs in your signature and you wont have to worry about us bugging you for make/model. hope it helps!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Starting Member
rdhack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I larnt somthing today. Now I know how to turn off them darn daytime lights on my wife's Bravada!

Quick Reply: Daylight Sensing lights & keyless entry won't work