2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Driver's Door Will Not Lock Electronically

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Charger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driver's Door Will Not Lock Electronically

I have a 2003 2(or 3?) door blazer. The driver's door will not lock using the key fob or the lock/unlock switch inside, but it will unlock fine. The door can be locked manually with the lock lever inside, or with the key outside. When I try to lock the door with the switch or key fob, I can hear it on the drivers side and the lock lever moves a little bit. What could the problem be? How can I fix it myself?

On a side not... I have noticed the radio (6 disc CD changer) has an AUX button, but no jack, is that for an MP3 player? or something else? I looked in the manual and it didn't discuss what it was for.

I have searched this forum (and google) for simular problems with no luck. I hope this forum helps as I can not afford to go to a shop at the momment.

Thank you for reading.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Driver's Door Will Not Lock Electronically

It's going to have a clip inside the door either broke or unhooked.(most likely one or the other) Cost of the parts needed will be nominal but the door upholstery would have to come off and you would have to search inside for the clip(or lack thereof). As far as whether or not you can do it.....I have no idea. There's some info-do with it what you please. As far as the stereo-if it's factory the owners manual should shed some light on that-I would believe but if it's aftermarket and no manual...probably will have to search the net-or post a pic here and there are some sharp people on this site that hopefully can help you! Jerry

Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The actuator is in the door latch mechanism, not separate. This sounds like a weak actuator. You may be able to remove the latch and clean/lube the actuator, but I am not sure how difficult it is to disassemble the door latch assembly. You could probably just find a used power door latch assembly in the junkyard. Anything from a S-series truck will work.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:19 PM

Thank you for the quick responses. I have found a guide online, here for anyone else that has to remove their door panel. Do you know where, in the door the actuator is located? Next time I am out, I will try and located it by listening to it.

Also, the radio is factory/stock.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is a good how-to on the door panel removal. I think we have something very similar here as well.

About the location of the door lock actuator, as I stated in my reply above, the actuator is part of the door latch assembly.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Default RE: Driver's Door Will Not Lock Elect

Sorry about that, I was confused but now I understand. Thank you for your help.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Drivers Door Will Not Lock Elect

No problem, glad to help. Let us know what you find! Follow ups are what keep forums going!