2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Drivers power seat 2000 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Flob1954 is on a distinguished road

OK seat is out and pulled switch apart but do not see anything wrong or missing..also ran a ground wire direct from battery and still same problem..checking in harness for chaffed wires

Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Beginning Member
latunguley is on a distinguished road

I own a similar 2000 S-10 Blazer 4 door LS 4X4, same problem. I have power to the lumbar switxch and no power to main seat controls. I have replaced the switches, then the seats then the fuses, then the breakers. NO LUCK. Sucks totally. I Need some guidance here. In the scematics i do not see which wires you are asking him to check for power? If you could please give some pointers in which wires then i will tear apart my dash and bcm covers to check this all out. I do have seat memory 1 and 2.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Beginning Member
missmyK5 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if this is your problem but when my seat wouldn't move I had one of the Orange wires broken. You can get the carpet up enough by removing the kick panel and the plastic strip that runs across the top of the rocker. Mine was broke where the three Orange wires came together almost up under the brake pedal.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Beginning Member

I have since replaced the leather seats with memory with heated leather seats with memory. And they still didnt operate so even though i searched out a orange damaged wire under the drivers floor rug?? No go and still no power to my seats other than Lumbar only. When I hopt wire my orange wiring the seats operate 100 percent. Something lost main power they used to work great! Ive since rolled my OD over 178,000 miles and recently my power door locks are randomly locking, everyday and also for the past few months my alarm has been randomly going off, the alarm might be due to the Proggressive insurance OBD2 Driving Snitcher I installed to save me from the parrells of hell with Geico after four years of throwing money at Geico

Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Beginning Member

Solved!!!!!! After three almost years!! My power seats not working at all except for the lumbar switch are solved!!! The mystery was that i had no bad relays or fueses, no disconnected wiring anywhere!! No power to my seats. Everyone kept telling me to peal up the drivers foot area of the floor carpet and peal back to view a 10 gage orange wire and that it positively corrodes under the drivers feet area????? NOT!!!! I ended up with my 2000 LS/LT 4 door S-10 Blazer not only pulling out my drivers seat all the way but the rear seats and front passenger seats to be able to peal the carpet back far enough as my blazer short was a 10 gage orange wire but not anywhere near the drivers floor area. It was behind the drivers seat and rear passengers floor area. Maybe its because i own a 4 door instead of a 2 door? Either way i ended up finding the orange GM wire only duct taped side by side and not really connected and i reconnected it only to find that the pasenger power seat wire was corroded also? Had to tie all three orange 10 gage wires together. And solder them and heat shrink tubed them three times over, PLease note: This is the perfect time to soak your torn out dirty carpeting and drive to the local car wash and spend 15 bucks on the carpet slung over the tailgate of a utility trailer?? As did I. Beautiful and clean carpet now and power seats work properly!! Thanks again Captain Chuck for guiding me in the right direction.