2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

drivers side wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member
pinetopfirefighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: drivers side wiring harness

It amazes me that you know so much about this stuff. I will talk to the mechanic tomorrow and see what they have found (if anything). I think I will print this out and take it to him. With the truck in the shop for almost two weeks, I think he could use the info !!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Beginning Member
Default fuel pump

Well, my blazer has been in the shop for almost 3 weeks now. I used to have confidence in my mechanic, but this is crazy. They replaced the fuel pump but they are having trouble finding out why the pump is now not getting power. How many reasons can there be??? I am thinkinga loose wireis grounded out somewhere. Any thoughts from you blazer-heads?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: fuel pump

Has your mechanic tried testing continuity on the fuel pump power feed wire? Or that the relay is even getting the appropriate power signals? Have to start back at the basics sometimes, but atleast it is a start... Three weeks is just ridiculous whether they are actively working on it or not.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Beginning Member

Just an update. The shop STILL has my blazer. They took apart the fuse box (power distribution center) and are tracing the wires last I heard. Kyle- you mention pins 86 and 30. Are those in the fuse box? I am trying to relay the information to the mechanic. He mentioned the other day that the blazer started and ran fine.Then, later he tried to start it and it would not start. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Those a pin designations on the relay which correspond to cavities in the fuse/relay center. I do not know why they would need to tear it apart to trace wires... A continuity test will tell them if they need to go that route.

Seems like they are milking this...

Old 10-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Beginning Member

I agree. I know they are working on my blazer in between other vehicles. Almost a month now, and I am furious. I have missed out on a great job opportunity because of this. Anyway, he told me there was a bad connection somewhere. REALLY??? OK-I just got off the phone with him. He saidhe is trying to track down the problem, and I do not want to tick him off. I have done that beforewith another mechanic and ended up with overtorqued bolts and a cracked crank case on a motorcycle. Anyway, thanks for your continued help. I will keep you posted.

Update: It is now going on 6 weeks w/o my blazer. My mechanic says the problem is in the fuse box somewhere. He said he has torn it apart twice, w/o any luck. He also said it will start sometimes, but not all the time. I told him to just get a new/different power distribution center and hopefully that would work. Otherwise, I do not know why they are having such a hard time finding the bad connection.

-Matt

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Beginning Member

Kyle or anyone else,

I am looking for a diagram (back of fuse box) or any wiring related info for the fuel pump for a 1998 S-10 Blazer. Specifically looking for Blazer fuse box (power dist. center) problems, shorts, ANYTHING. Kyle-You gave me some info on a couple of pins. Do you have any other leads or suggestions?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

mines a little older than yours (94) but I had a similar problem last fall took me a few days and pulling massive amounts of my hair out before i figured it out, inside the gas tank (at least on mine) on the sending unit there is a plug with 2 wires on the sending unit side of this plug one of the wires was broken internally (looked ok visually but the wire was broken inside the insulation) finally found this with a simple continuity check didn't need to buy the entire sending unit napa sold just the replacement wires ($15 according to my receipt). Hope you get it sorted out soon regardless of what it turns out to be.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Beginning Member

Sounds reasonable. I will tell them tomorrow. The ongoing issue seems to be that sometimes they get power to the pump, sometimes not. Broken wires would certainly cause this. Thanks alot. UPDATE The shop is going to replace the entire fuse box and go from there. Also I have printed off everything all of you have suggested and dropped it off at the shop. Thanks again to all!!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Beginning Member

Kyle or Anyone -
Have you heard of there being a short or other problem with the fuse box circuit board? Just curious.Thanks.

Quick Reply: drivers side wiring harness