2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

EGR sensor #3

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Jman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EGR sensor #3

Can anyone tell me were to find the #3 EGR sensor on a 96 blazer. I need to check it and or replace it, but don't know what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: EGR sensor #3

Which sensor are you looking for specifically. Your choices are B1S1, B2S1, B1S2, & B1S3. B1S1 is on the driver's side down tube of the y-pipe. B2S1 is on the passenger side of the y-pipe just ahead of the 'Y'. B1S1 & B2S1 feed AFR data to the PCM to modify the fuel delivery. B1S2 is directly in front of the catalytic converter. B1S3 is directly behind the catalytic converter. Both B1S2 & B1S3 are catalyst monitoring sensors only and have nothing to do with fuel delivery.

What codes are present that are leading you to the #3 sensor..?

Old 03-18-2007, 11:09 PM

Kyle, the Autotap told me egr sensor# 3. Don't recall the bank. I reset the check engine light, so will I have to wait till it comes on again to get the codes and the bank # ?

I'm still learning this auto tap tool.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Oiy geez... I completely missed the EGR part. Sorry bout that... What I wrote was for the O2 sensors...

I've never heard of an EGR sensor #3???.. What is the specific code?

Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM

Don't know. I saved the file but don't know if I can access it with out hooking back up to the blazer. I'll plug in tomorrow and see what happens.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Administrator

You should be able to replay it, but I can't remember if that will give you the codes present again... I'm interested in the Pxxxx code that it detected.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 PM

I tried to replay it but its blank. I musta goofed up some were.

I'm going to go hook up right now and check.

I have it hooked up now, but the codes got cleared when I cleared the check light. Idle is a little rough though.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:53 PM

Kyle, anyway I can retrieve the codes I cleared. I have it hooked up and I'm logging the run.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

The Egr valve itself has 3 circuits in it(seperate solenoids),so if one is bad, the EGR needs to be replaced.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Administrator

I do not think that the Autotap can retrieve code history. I'd suggest you drive it until it pops back up and then let us know what the code is.

On the file that you generated, was it just the configuration file where you setup your gauges & tables, or did you actually record some operating paramenters while the vehicle was running?

Quick Reply: EGR sensor #3