2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 06:15 PM
gsgoble is on a distinguished road
Question Electrical problems

Hi guys,
New to the forum and I have a 2000 S10 Blazer that is making me nuts. First of all.
New starter, replacement engine about 70 000 on it, Spun the # 6 rod bearings on the old engine, New fuel pump/sending unit new fuel filter. New alternator. New plugs, rotor and cap and battery. I installed all. Just stalls while driving and then the new starter won't turn solenoid won't even engage. Wait anywhere from 2 minutes to two days and then it will start and run for days or weeks then it happens all over again. This car is for my daughter and I can't have a vehicle that I can't trust. About 3 days ago, she called me and said that it just went dead, no lights no dash no power. I just managed to get the car home yesterday and it looks like its fine, but I know it will happen again, just lookin for answers, any help would be gratefully accepted. When it runs it runs great.

Thanks

Old 02-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

could be something as simple as a loose ground...or something more expensive

Old 02-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Does the security light come on and stay on when you have the no start condition?
Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
That about sums up the content...

Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 PM

Spectreblazer
I don't recall seeing it but will check tomorrow, all the grounds are clean and tight, so are all the hot leads from and to the battery.
Thanks

Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Banned

could be a faulty ignition switch, kyle(swartlkk) has a replacement in his sig

to swartlkk-its always best to check basics first, saves time and money.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

could be a faulty ignition switch, kyle(swartlkk) has a replacement in his sig

to swartlkk-its always best to check basics first, saves time and money.
Kind of goes to the question I asked, but your learning.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Kind of goes to the question I asked, but your learning.
offtopic: are you ase certfied kyle?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Administrator

offtopic: are you ase certfied kyle?
No and don't plan on it. I don't need to be for what I do. Nor do I think it matters one bit. Now back on topic.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

have you noticed any pattern when this happens? maybe hard accelaration/braking certian RPM's, on left/right turns? any accesories that are turned on when this happens (aftermarket parts like radio, amps, lighting, radar, gps)?

Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 PM

She has an aftermarket radio/cd player and thats all. I am thinking that you may have something with the ignition switch. As to driving conditions she doesnt drive like a lunatic but she is 19 after all.

Quick Reply: Electrical problems