2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

engine bogs out

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:01 PM
flipzat is on a distinguished road

alright thanks for all your help!! your the best to marrow im going to his house and we will try and get that o2 sensor looked at and hpefully get a new one in to see

one more thing how can one little sensor like the o2 make the truck bog out when you hit the gas hard but if u ez it ever so lightly you can still drive it but not pass 1889 rpm oh yea and why 4 o2 sensors?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The O2 sensor is the main sensor in determining the fuel injector pulse width. If it is lazy, slowly creeping up on the throttle can mask the issue, but quick changes in throttle position can cause the delay.

Another thing that may be worth checking is the TPS (throttle position sensor). It should read ~0.5V (key-on, engine-off, throttle closed) and ~4.5V (key-on, engine-off, throttle fully open). But an O2 sensor code can definitely cause the symptoms you are experiencing.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:31 PM

UPDATE

ok we went and got a new o2 sensor installed it, then we erased codes and went for a drive and still same problem but this time we got no mil light so i get no codes
as i was changing it i noticed an exhaust leak coming from the exhaust manifold to the y pipe like right between where it bolts together i called the parts store they dont have a gastkit for it hmmm i don't think that would cause the bogging
i guess im at square 1 again

alright took it to the store and i got my mil back on now now i get codes

p0151x2
and p0131, but i just changed that o2 sensor with a new one
and i got a new one p0137

also i noticed when we try to go full throttle there is black residue on the ground where the tail pipe is

update

ok i also went uder the truck to bang on the cat i here rattleing does this mean my cat is gone would a bad cat cause this proplem also ?

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-07-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would repair that leaking exhaust 'donut' (that's what its called) before going any further. That could be the reason for the p0131 code and poor running (thought I mentioned that already ).

Old 02-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Also like i said i went under the trunk, and banged on the cat. I hear rattling like there is screws or marbles inside , there is plenty of exhaust from tail pipe (very cold out ) so it cant be clogged ?

Last edited by flipzat; 02-08-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Administrator

I suppose it is possible for a clogged cat to blow out the donut... You could remove the B1S2 O2 sensor and drive it around (after fixing the exhaust leak) and see if that somewhat cures the problem.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM

update:
went to the shop to day got the to take off the cat . man was that thing ever broken chunks everywhere,got new one put on trucks like 50 % better now i get no more codes no mil but the proplem is that i cant get Wide open throttle soon as i try to floor it it bogs down

new wires
new plugs
new dist cap
new fuel filter
new cat
changed oil
how can i diagnose the problem now ?

my buddy said it might be the passing gear on the tranny or the solenoid?

Last edited by flipzat; 02-08-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Back to post #2, have you checked fuel pressure and leakdown?

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-articles-diy-29/96-fuel-system-diagnosis-23038/

Old 02-08-2010, 09:47 PM

Back to post #2, have you checked fuel pressure and leakdown?
im sorry i thought i posted that already i followed the diagnostics and all good there.

and thanks for posting that it was very helpfull

Last edited by flipzat; 02-08-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:41 PM

Could this issue be caused by a faulty transmission?

Quick Reply: engine bogs out