2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

engine bogs out

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are you still getting those codes? If so, then I doubt it is the transmission.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:10 PM
flipzat is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Are you still getting those codes? If so, then I doubt it is the transmission.
Nope not getting any codes anymore. I went to junk yard and grabbed six o2 sensors cleaned them with wire brush and all good there . Now i have spares

Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the catalytic converter disintegrated, it could have thrown a bunch of junk back into the muffler and clogged it. Have you tried driving it with one of the down stream (just ahead of and just behind) O2 sensors out to see if opening up another exit point in the exhaust helps?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Blazeme is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
What brand is it? Like I said, it pays to get the AC Delco sensors.

And yes, the B1S1 sensor definitely could cause the engine to run poorly if it is reading incorrectly. An exhaust leak ahead of an O2 sensor can cause it to report false readings to the PCM. Hence the push to diagnose the issue.

This diagram has been posted quite a bit in the past and should help you find all of the O2 sensors:
Will this cause a rich condition or lean?

Blazeme

Old 02-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Administrator

An exhaust leak that is allowing outside air into the exhaust can cause a false lean reading at the O2 sensor which will create a overly rich condition in the cylinder since the PCM is trying to richen the mixture back up.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 PM
flipzat is on a distinguished road

I got the leak at the "donut" fixed and also my tranny went on me so i got mine rebuilt.

And still the same problem

Things i have done:
new wires
new plugs
new fuel filter
new cat
changed oil
new transmission
new tps,maf,map
new egr modular
Did this https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-articles-diy-29/96-fuel-system-diagnosis-23038/ everything ok there

still no mil light so no codes. I took it to a shop that did compression tests fuel pressure tests and they used a scan tool all they told me was "no clue im stumped"

Going back to the start ill take pics and logs

Last edited by flipzat; 02-26-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

take a look inside your intake manifold, specifically at your fuel injectors. See if areas under or around some of the injector hoses are clean of carbon. You may have a leaking injector hose or two or three. They can cause too much fuel to leak into the exhaust and into the cat which can overheat and destroy your cat.