2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Evap and stalling

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Beginning Member
sir otto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evap and stalling

So I just did a larg tune up on my 96 LT blazer. AC DELCO cap/ rotor, plugs, plug wires, water pump, timing set, timing cover, oilpan gasket, oil filter lines, fuel filter all new cooling lines all vacuum lines that I could find, trans filter and flush, diff flush and fill, new radiator and a oil change.

Two part question here:

Before the tune up I was getting the old "evap system failure". After tune up, still the same issue. I cleaned the EGR with a new gasket. Found a couple of shotty cavuum lines and replaced them. What else should I be looking at. I did replace the gas cap.

Stalling. After the truck gets warmed up for a good long time, like driving an hour, when I come to a stop the damn thing will start to stall if I do not put it into neutral. When i did the trans fluid and filter I added a bottle of Lucas with the fluid. Does anyone think that it could be too thick and it not let the tourque converter drain fast enough stalling the engine or what else could it be. Any input will help.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member

in need bump

Old 03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please be patient and wait at least 24 hours for a reply.

What is the specific code(s) you are receiving for the EVAP system? Are there any other codes present?

I doubt your stalling problem is because of the lucas product. Have you cleaned your throttle body? Specifically paying attention to the IAC valve and bore?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Please be patient and wait at least 24 hours for a reply.

What is the specific code(s) you are receiving for the EVAP system? Are there any other codes present?

I doubt your stalling problem is because of the lucas product. Have you cleaned your throttle body? Specifically paying attention to the IAC valve and bore?

Sorry for being impatent.

P0440 Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction

No I have not cleaned the throttle body. I will do this tonight. The truck has 335K on it. I have owned it since new.

Here is teh amazing part, I only on my second transmission, second alternator and get this, original fuel pump and injection system.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not a problem on the impatience. Just don't make a habit of it.

Have a read through this on your code:
P0440 - Evaporative Emission Control System

BTW, I merged your second response with the first one that you deleted to put some continuity back into the thread. Seems I replied between when you posted and when you deleted it.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Beginning Member

Awesome info, I think the stalling is seperate because the EVAP issue has been oon going but the stalling is new. Do you think there could be a relation to the work that I mentioned above?

Old 03-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Beginning Member

Still needing help. Anyone have any thoughts on thsi?

Old 03-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Are there any vacuum line leaks? Have you confirmed that the EGR valve is sealing off properly?