2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Filler Hoses Source

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 10:16 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road
Default Filler Hoses Source

Anyone that has done the fuel pump replacement knows that getting the rubber hose off of the fuel tank inlet is quite difficult, usually ends-up cutting the hose in order to get the tank down.
Then you find-out that the rubber hose is not a standard hose and is a discontinued GM part.

After going through this I found Filler Neck Supply Company has these hoses....at least the one for the 2000-2004 4dr Blazer. This is the hose between the metal line and the fuel tank...the one that is two different diameters....thanks GM Engineers for this one.

Anyways just wanted to share this info with my fellow Blazer owners.

Later,

Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough
Default Gas tank fuel filler tube hoses

Originally Posted by LannyL81
Anyone that has done the fuel pump replacement knows that getting the rubber hose off of the fuel tank inlet is quite difficult, usually ends-up cutting the hose in order to get the tank down.
Then you find-out that the rubber hose is not a standard hose and is a discontinued GM part.

After going through this I found Filler Neck Supply Company has these hoses....at least the one for the 2000-2004 4dr Blazer. This is the hose between the metal line and the fuel tank...the one that is two different diameters....thanks GM Engineers for this one.

Anyways just wanted to share this info with my fellow Blazer owners.

Later,
Thanks for posting this!

I looked at Rockauto and saw that they have the metal filler tubes but not the specific hoses that join them to the tank. (I did find generic hoses though.) It is posts like this that will save someone else (perhaps me) a lot of head scratching and headaches in the future.

Christine

Old 10-21-2017, 08:13 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Yep....just trying to help others out...that is what this Forum is all about...as does your posting with the under-hood vacuum line sizes.

I was completely stalled in my fuel pump replacement when I found that the filler hose was discontinued and not available. I was trying to figure-out a method of repairing the OEM hose I had cut...but was not getting anywhere....and I needed my Blazer working again.

The replacement hose is just a section of hose, it is not shaped like the OEM so kinking is a problem. But by cutting a bit off one end I was able to reduce the kinking to a minimum, but may have to revisit it and place a short length of something stiff where the hose wants to kink; a piece of PVC pipe would work. If I cannot get the hose to come off of the tank easily so I can slide it over, I will have to cut the PVC in half and then use two pipe clamps to hold in place.

Anyways I am back on the road again.......