2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

First post, help with 1999 Blazer (A/C problem)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Beginning Member
RomanCatholic is on a distinguished road
Default First post, help with 1999 Blazer (A/C problem)

I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer LT with the following problem; the A/C doesn't seem to work correctly. If I turn on the A/C it blows cold air and then hot (like engine hot) air and does this continually. Does the A/C need recharged? I had the a/c charged less than six months ago.
Yesterday the battery died and that is when this all started. It is also making a gurgling/moaning noise eminating from the glove box on the passenger side. It hasnt done that before either.
As you can probably tell, I am not a mechanic. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Beginning Member
crasy is on a distinguished road
Default i have the exact same problem

i have a 98 blazer and ive been having the same problem. did you have any luck fixing it?
EDIT: the problem seems to get worse when vehicle is running but stopped for a while. but then after i drive for a bit on the highway it blows the cold air again.

Last edited by crasy; 07-31-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by crasy
i have a 98 blazer and ive been having the same problem. did you have any luck fixing it?
EDIT: the problem seems to get worse when vehicle is running but stopped for a while. but then after i drive for a bit on the highway it blows the cold air again.

Just started yesterday. No luck fixing it yet, but I am off tomorrow, gonna try recharging the a/c. I haven't had it out on the highway yet. What are your plans for fixing it?

Old 07-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Beginning Member

I was also gonna try to recharge. That will at least help narrow down the problem. Im gonna show the problem to a friend and ill post back here.
EDIT: my friend told me to try recharging so im gonna try that tonight. ill let ya know how it goes!

Last edited by crasy; 07-31-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do either of you have the automatic climate control?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Beginning Member

yea my blazer has the automatic climate control.
but whether its on auto or on full blast ac it seems to do the same thing.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If both of you have automatic climate control, then you should first try to recalibrate the temperature door. Try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes and reconnecting it, then turning the key to the ON position until you do not hear any more noises from the glove box area.

If that does not work, another method that I have used in the past has been to disconnect the HVAC control module with the key in the ON position, leave it disconnected for 10-15 minutes (turn the truck off), then plug it back in with the key in the ON position again.

If neither of these methods work, then it may be time for a new temperature door actuator.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Beginning Member

ok i tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes then reconnected.
i dont think it did anything, so im gonna try your second thing today.
have you had any luck romancatholic?

Old 08-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
If both of you have automatic climate control, then you should first try to recalibrate the temperature door. Try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes and reconnecting it, then turning the key to the ON position until you do not hear any more noises from the glove box area.

If that does not work, another method that I have used in the past has been to disconnect the HVAC control module with the key in the ON position, leave it disconnected for 10-15 minutes (turn the truck off), then plug it back in with the key in the ON position again.

If neither of these methods work, then it may be time for a new temperature door actuator.
I tried both, but nothing happened. I have the climate control computer thingy and when I turn it to 82 with the fan speed at max it continues to blow warm air and cool air, but the fan never gets fully up to speed before it switches.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by crasy
ok i tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes then reconnected.
i dont think it did anything, so im gonna try your second thing today.
have you had any luck romancatholic?

Negative. I'm frustrated, it is hot here.

Quick Reply: First post, help with 1999 Blazer (A/C problem)