2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fuel or Ignition Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008 | 12:24 PM
skyblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel or Ignition Problem?

Ok... another great round of WTF is wrong with my Blazer this time :P

Specs:
96 Balzer LT 4dr
4.3L Vortec V6
169k Miles

Now here is what the problem i am trying to figure out...

I just replaced the fuel Filter on the truck (4+hr job in the freezing cold [:@]) and I filled it up and poured some Fuel cleaner in for good measure

Now... After aweek's worth of driving, after i let it warm up and drive off, I will give it gas and it will seem like the old filter was still on, like thier isn't the normal amount of gas heading to the injectors.

In the process of finding a fuel pressure tester, but i did try the pressure release valve to see if thier was somewhat a good amount of pressure and it seemed it was high when i opened it up.

I checked the Distributor and wires to see if thier was any loose connections and those were on good.

So my thoughts are that either the fuel pump needs to be replaced ( which i know when they go, they go dead) or the fuel spider is hurting

So has anyone have had this problem before or can lead me in a right direction??

Old 02-07-2008 | 12:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fuel or Ignition Problem?

I would first start by getting some ISO-Heat and dumping atleast 2 bottles of that into the gas tank when you fill up. This will remove water from the fuel. It is possible that you have gotten bad gas with excessive water in it and that is what is causing your poor performance.

Old 02-07-2008 | 12:42 PM

wow... I didn't think of that... I did have a notion that my fuel is not in the greatest shape as i have been filling up at different station around the valley (Gas at 3 bucks a gallon) and i think I am going to start just heading to just one...

But i will try that and thensee if it keeps up... Thanks Kyle (huggles from the misses)

Old 02-07-2008 | 02:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Bad gas or water in gas is often overlooked. Hope it solves your problem!

Old 02-07-2008 | 03:30 PM

UPDATE:

It worked! Got a full tank of Hess gas, which has been the gas i have been pouring in the truck since we bought it, and through in so ISO-Heet, shook well and started to drive around a little... it nowis running good

Thanks a bunch Kyle

Old 02-07-2008 | 03:33 PM
Administrator

Glad it was a cheap fix!

You may want to run a can of ISO-heat in the system for the next few fuel fillups to get rid of any residual water that may be floating around in there. Its cheap enough. Just pour it in before you fill up to allow for adaquate mixing.