2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fuel lines in plenum

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Starting Member
Impact is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel lines in plenum

First off my blazer is a 99 model 4wd. I am looking for the part number or where to fine the fuel lines in the upper intake plenum area. Its the lines that attach to the spyder and then out through the intake. I have looked everywhere and cant find them. Thanks for the help

Old 12-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They are part of the injector itself. Individual injectors with the line and poppet nozzle are available from GM, but I am not sure if they are available in the aftermarket. If you have to replace more than two injectors, replace the entire spider as it is more cost effective.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Starting Member

I appreciate the help but I am looking for the hard line that comes in through the intake in back by the distributor. From the pic that I have seen it comes loose from the spyder assy

Old 12-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Hoytal1 is on a distinguished road

#2 & #4 here from GMPartsGiant.com

Old 12-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it is the hard lines you are looking for your best bet is likely going to be a junkyard as this is not listed in any of the online resources I have checked so far. You'll need to get the o-rings as well which can be purchased from GM or online under ACDelco #217-451 (
$16.33 on Amazon.com $16.33 on Amazon.com
).

Hopytal1, based on his additional description, the lines he is talking about are what run from #2 & #4 in the illustration you found up to the spider itself; item #13 in the image below:
Fuel lines in plenum-970109tx03-009.png

Attached Thumbnails Fuel lines in plenum-970109tx03-009.png  
Old 12-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Starting Member

I dont know if thats them. That looks like the lines that come from the tank. I am looking for the ones that plug into the fuel spyder. I found a pic of the spyder and the orings that go on to the lines but not the lines themselfFUEL METER BODY (L35/4.3W,LF6/4.3X) - ST

I am now seeing your pic. I do thatk thats right. Thanks

What is that listed under on the parts list. Is is under the fuel section?

It looks like number 13 but I dont see a part number

Old 12-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Administrator

See my reply just above yours. It does not appear as though these lines are available although your local GM dealer could tell you for sure.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Starting Member

Sorry, guess I got behind reading lol. That is it. I am having a start problem only when the engine is warm. I can smell raw fuel in the throttle body so I know I have a leak. I am just trying to look ahead before I start and find parts

Originally Posted by swartlkk
If it is the hard lines you are looking for your best bet is likely going to be a junkyard as this is not listed in any of the online resources I have checked so far. You'll need to get the o-rings as well which can be purchased from GM or online under ACDelco #217-451.

Hopytal1, the lines he is talking about are what run from #2 & #4 in the illustration you found up to the spider itself.

It is item #13 in the image below:

Old 12-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Administrator

The only place that #13 can leak is at the two tubes where they run into the spider as well as where they connect to the hard lines at the back of the engine. If you do not have fuel pooling on the top of the spider or dripping at the back of the motor, then these lines are not the source of the problem, nor could they be the source of a fuel leak internal to the intake manifold.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Starting Member

I appreciate it, just trying to cover all bases before I tear apart. When I look down the throttle body it does appear wet and real strong odor of fuel. Im hoping its just the fuel press regulator leaking

Quick Reply: Fuel lines in plenum