2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuel pressure problem!! please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Starting Member
silver bullet80 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by silver bullet80
ok check this out. laqst night it rained and this morning the blazer ran like poop. if you take off like a normal person it would keep surging worse than ever but if u get on it like WOT it felt fine? now yesterday it was actually running pretty good since it hadnt rained for a week? now i do have a hood scoop that is open in front and rear. is it possible rain is getting on something to cause this? i popped the hood and everything looks dry like the dizzy and stuff so what else could be my problem? it deffinatly seems worse when it rains.
and on another note i took off dizzy cap and the rotor has up and down play along with side to side play? i read another post on here that said if their is any play in rotor then it needs replaced? is this true?

Old 06-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Starting Member

any suggestions? and is that dizzy rotor play normal? and what about what i mentioned up top?

Old 06-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

If youcan move the rotor side to side and up and down, more than a little, then the gear on the bottom of the distributor shaft is worn. You either can buy a new gear to put on your old distributor or you can buy a new or reman distributor.

Either way, mark everything before you pull the distributor so you get the fixed or new one back in the exact same spot.

As for running like poop when it's moist or wet, if your distributor still has screens over the vents, pop them out. This is a GM TSB for our trucks.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Starting Member

ok i never noticed any sreens in but they may have been so dirty i didnt see them? ill check it out right now. thanks. and the play seems a bit to much but i dont know? it may move a 1/4 inch up and down and side to side? but my truck also is hard to start like the battery is dead then it fires up? so maybe the gear is worn and making my timing off just a tad??

Old 06-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

They're in the base, one on each side sorta near where the screws for the cap go in. 1/4" is too much.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Starting Member

ok great. ill also get a better measurment on the distance of play too. im going out right now to pop out those plugs.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Beginning Member
new2zr2 is on a distinguished road
Default Same issue!!

I have the exact same problem as you right down to the fact that it seems to run ****tier after it rains. The only difference is mine has a missfire code. I've replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the EGR, and checked the plenum for signs of washing or leaks with no luck. I ran through the fuel pressure test checking at the fuel filter with a valve. My pressure drops to 60 as soon as the pump turns off and I concluded that the check vavle is bad and bleeding back into the tank. Still this problem shouldn't cause the surging. Really really looking forward to someone figuring this out. Good luck.

One other thing putting sea foam in the tank takes away the surging. Try it out and see what happens. Does this mean it's a poppet problem?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Starting Member

well i took off my cap and button and i didnt see any srceens anywhere? also i went ahead and pulled the plenum again to find puddles of fuel????? i just replaced the whole unit too??? is their supposed to be rubber rings that go on the poppets? i presserized the system with the plenum off and cant see the leak at all? i am so lost with this blazer and really close to selling it now?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Starting Member

anyone??

Old 06-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Starting Member

any ideas?

Quick Reply: fuel pressure problem!! please help