2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:59 PM
h123hop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuel pump

has anyone replaced a fuel pump 2000 2dr 4wd by cutting a access whole through the floor by pulling up the carpet plenty of clearence between tank and floor to cut the whole there is a stiffener that goes right across the bed right above the pump it would but it seems really thin and flimsy it proably does not do much anyone think there might be a problem

Old 08-12-2005, 01:28 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: fuel pump

Not sure why you would want an access hole? Seems like more work then dropping the tank or pulling the bed off.
It took me a little more then a hour to drop my gas tank. 2000 S10-Blazer 4x4x4.
2 bolts (15mm deepwell) hold the tank in place. The other side of the bracket hooks into the frame. Lift up and pull out.
3 clamped hoses, 2 are 5/16" socket, and the other you use pliers. Spray PB-Blaster on the rubber hoses. Make sthem soft and easy to pull off.
3 hoses held in place by push clips, hardest ones to remove. Take a look at the fuel filter output hose, same push clip set up, however it is easier to see how it works. The center hose is different then the other two. I marked 2 of my hoses with white out so I put them back on the right way.
2 wiring harnesses.

Thats it, out she came. A jack under it helps. Gas weighs roughly 8 pounds per gallon. The plastic tank might weigh 10 pounds.

The other option is to pull the bed off, although that might be more trouble then dropping the tank. The new style tanks are much easier and faster to remove then the old style.

Oh, one other thing. Spray the bolts with PB_Blaster before you remove them. Helps with any rust that may be on them.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:24 AM
mel
mel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: fuel pump

HELLO,

I HAVE A 95 CHEVY BLAZER, S10 4X4 4.3.
I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY FUEL LINES FROM THE SENDING UNIT.
I AM PLANNING ON DROPPING THE TANK , NOTING THAT 7 MONTHS AGO I HAD THE FUEL PUMP AND THE SENDING UNITS REPLACED.
I HAVE PURCHASED THE NEW FUEL LINES FROM THE DEALER COMING FROM THE SENDING UNIT TO THE FRONT OF THE CAR.
I NOTICED ON LOOKING AT THE GAS TANK WHICH IS SIDE MOUNTED UNIT THERE ARE 2 BELLY CLAMPS , ONE CLAMP GOES UP TO THE TOP WITH A BOLT. IT LOOKS CLEAN AND EASY TO REMOVE. THE FRONT BELLY CLAMP IS A 2 PIECE IN WHICH THE ONE PIECE WITH THE BOLT IS BOLTED THROUGH THE UNDER PIECE THAT COMES UPWARD.
THIS LOOKS TOTALLY RUSTED AND I SPRAYED BP BLASTER AND IT STILL WAS UNABLE TO MOVE.
ANY IDEAS REGARDING THIS 2 PIECE BELLY SUPPORT BRACKET FOR THE TANK?
ALSO, WHEN THE TANK DOES COME DOWN, IS IT DIFFICULT TO REMOVE THE RUSTED FUEL LINES - RETURN AND SUPPLY GOING TO THE FUEL FILTER AND TO THE RETURN LINE?
AM I GOING TO HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE SUPPORT BRACKETS TO REMOVE OR AND ANY PROBLEMS WITH BRAKE LINES THAT ARE NEAR?
I HAVE NEVER REPLACED THE FUEL LINES AND DROPPED THE GAS TANK .
PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THE DIFFICULTIES OF DOING THIS PLUS THE PROBLEM WITH THE FRONT DOUBLE STRAP ON THE TANK.

I COULD ONLY FIND THE FUEL LINES FROM THE DEALER DUE TO THE FACT IT WAS MADE UP IN A MANNER OF RUBBER LINE CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO A HARD LINE.
ANY GOOD PLACE TO GET GOOD PRICES ON DEALER PARTS WITHOUT A CRAZY HANDLING AND SHIPPING CHARGES ADDED TO IT?
PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU,
MEL
melalice2002@yahoo.com