2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

guages

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default guages

CAN I change the color of the light behind some of the guages?, i wanna use like blue leds that i have they loo so much cooler then the reg bulb that i think is behind them?

why blue?

i have "ultra" bright 6" neon bulbs under each side of the dash(foot area) i also have blue lights behind each one of my vents including the main window one, and i have an afther marktey radio that has back light **** that are also a deepish blue

*Combining Consecutive Post*

o and all the over head and dome lights excpt the 4 readin ones have either a blue led or neon tub instead

so the with and orange guages look really out of tune with the rest of the truck, thanks for any help

im srry i emnt to say ive done the over head lights and just left the reading lights for normal reasons

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Combined Consecutive Posts. Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive posting is frowned upon.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Default RE: guages

o and all the over head and dome lights excpt the 4 readin ones have either a blue led or neon tub instead

so the with and orange guages look really out of tune with the rest of the truck, thanks for any help

im srry i emnt to say ive done the over head lights and just left the reading lights for normal reasons

Old 12-16-2007, 02:11 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Yeah, i believe you just have to pull apart the gauge cluster and replace the bulbs. I think you can find the bulbs on ebay. Ask lennyblazer, I believe he has done them and so has drperry. They should be able to give you the correct place to go.

*Same thing with the overhead lights. I've seen someone on here change the overheads with hid's, but I don't remember who it was. Do a search on it using the search button in the menu bar. Sorry, I was replying to this as you did at the same time and added this after the fact lol.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:26 PM

anyone know anywere as i can "hide these lights behind", so that they will cast shadows and lines, and so that you dont see the bulb at all?

any ideas?

i thought of putting two behind my grille(for show obviosly cant have them on while i drive) a specially made led under, in each wheel well