2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Halo/projector headlight Install.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:33 PM
JLaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Halo/projector headlight Install.

I recently purchased some Halo/projector headlights from a company off ebay called proexhaust. They look to be APC headlights. Everything looked fine when i got them, but when i installed them, there are big gaps on the fender side. So big i can fit my fingers in them. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could help me with it. Also, i dont get much distance out of the headlights. The actual light looks fantastic, but when i am at a stop sign the light barely reaches past the stop sign on the other side of the street. Is my angle off? All the holes and tabs are lined up. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Default RE: Halo/projector headlight Install.

Sorry guys thery're not APC they are Anzo

Old 06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Its possible that you didn't get both of the tabs into the slots on the radiator core support. Also, you'll need to align the headlights after you replace them. Due to manufacturing differences, the new lights will not line up exactly the same as the old ones. I posted awhile back on the proper procedure for aligning the headlights... Never did get the time to make a proper HOW-TO out of it though. Should look into that at some point. Let me see if I can find it.

Oh and please use the edit function to include any extra information in your post if another member has yet to reply.

*EDIT* - Here ya go: headlight bulbs

Old 06-14-2007, 02:01 AM

[align=left]Thanks for the advice bro, but i don't understand how to align the headlights. I looked at the diagram and I was confused. I made sure the lights were in the tabs and when they are there is no room for movement any which way. Should i puss out and have a pro check it out, or continue to mess with it myself? Would I be able to do it myself.[/align]