2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Has anyone bought a remanufactured Spider injector assembly from rockauto before?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 03:42 AM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

Yes it all comes with the nut kit

Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

ok i think i see the plastic cap on the picture of the fuel nut kit that im looking at. just curious, how does the seal to the intake since it goes from the inside and then sticks the valve out the intake? also what brand is good to get for the fuel nut kit? Dorman? AC delco? or Delphi? or Standard products? any ideas? i noticed the standard brand comes with some bracket and a little srcew, whats that for?
thanks much

Old 10-05-2009, 03:30 PM

i got the dorman brand but yes it includes the little bracket and screw...that's what holds it in place on the back of the intake.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:08 PM

i am considering getting the Delphi nut kit fir 12 bucks more. but not sure yet. just curious, what seals the test valve to the intake? also just curious, can i re-use my existing little bracket and screw?

Old 10-06-2009, 03:33 PM

the bracket slides down over a notch on the fuel return lines and mounts with the screw you can reuse it, but usually new ones come with it..its a tight fit i know that lol, i had to tap mine out

Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 AM

i got my remanufactured spider injector assembly today and i noticed that there was no o-rings at the ends of the 6 feet that plug into the bottom of the intake, could they be missing or they forgot to inclued them ? or are there no o-rings on the bottoms of these 6 feet? i did find only 2 O-rings in the package...maybe they shorted me some?
thanks

Last edited by bigdaddykane93; 10-22-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are no o-rings on the poppet nozzles (legs).

Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 AM

so they just snap in like that without any type of sealing? and also, why did they put only 2 O-rings in a separate little plastic bag included with the spider assembly? oh and Kyle, i bought 2 sets of lower intake gaskets, i got them for the 1995 W motor and the 1995 Z motor. and i am going to compare them for exact differences. so if the only difference is the rear coolant port thats blocked off between the two, then i may use the blocked off gaskets if my intake has the coolant port blocked off. what you think?

Last edited by bigdaddykane93; 10-22-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Those two o-rings are for the "nut kit" (internal fuel lines) where they connect to the spider. If you are replacing the spider, I would replace the "nut kit" as well.

As far as the LIM gaskets go, if the coolant ports across the back of the intake manifold are blocked off, you could use either gasket. If the gasket has a full blocked port into it that is. If one set has a fully open port and one has a blocked off port with a small hole in the center, use the fully open port. The reason being - if the gasket has a blocked off port with a small hole in the center, junk can collect between the back side of the gasket and the LIM, corroding the LIM and causing a gasket failure sooner or later.

Just make sure that they both are the same other than the cooling ports. They should be.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 AM

Hi , Kyle
i got a new "Nut Kit" too with my order. however i bought the Delphi brand for $48.99 over the Dorman brand that was $36.99. was that a good idea?
is one better than the other?

on the new felpro lower intake gaskets that i got, the only visual difference i saw was the rear coolant passage. the Z motor has its pair fully blocked off at the rear passage while the W motor has its pair fully open at the rear passage. tomorrow i will put them all on top of each other to make sure the intake runner port openings are all exactly the same size between the W and Z intake gaskets. then i want to tell you so that if anyone else asks you in the future, then you can pass it on to them...i should post the part numbers to right?

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought a remanufactured Spider injector assembly from rockauto before?