2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Has anyone bought a remanufactured Spider injector assembly from rockauto before?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The nut kit probably isn't that much of a difference between the two manufacturers. There may be better quality control at Delphi though.

Part numbers would be good. Pictures too if you can swing it.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:24 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The nut kit probably isn't that much of a difference between the two manufacturers. There may be better quality control at Delphi though.

ok i will get you pictures and emai lthem to you. so i should keep the Delphi nut kit right? and not exchange it for the cheaper costing Dorman brand right?

also on the injector spider, it has 3 legs per side, does it matter which leg goes into any hole on that particular side? or does each leg have to go into a particular hole so it has the right spary timing? are there any other tricks and tips i should know before i start this intake job? thanks so much

Old 11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would stick with the Delphi if you already have it. The cost difference isn't much.

As far as the injector nozzles go, just put them in order. They really do not need to be, but it just is cleaner. The reason why it doesn't really matter is because the CPI engine has one electronic injector feeding all 6 poppet nozzles at the same time. When it opens, fuel sprays out of all 6 of the poppet nozzles.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM

how do i know what order to put them in? and how do i know the spider in there now is in the right order? and how could fuel feed all 6 poppets at the same time? wont it flood the motor out? i thought the distributor times when each poppet should open up and spray feul into that one particular cylinder at a time?

also, should i wash and blow out any of the new parts before putting them in?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:14 AM

hi Kyle, any thoughts on my post#34 ? thanks

Old 11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Well, none other than I already answered in #33... There is no defined order. The tubes will come out of the injector body one after the other. You can put them in that way or how ever they fit best. It is up to you. They'll bend. It is quite obvious if you had the part in front of you.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk

ok Kyle i got the part numbers and pictures of the lower intake gaskets like i promised you...refer back to post 29 and 30 back in this tread for more detail....so can i just copy and paste them here? please let me know

Old 01-13-2010, 02:12 PM

if the nut kit leaks, does it cause puddling on both sides of the intake? or just the drivers side? i looked at the fuel pressure regulator with the flashlight, but it looked dirty like as if it was not leaking...i see puddling on both sides...anyone know if the fuel nut kit will puddle both sides?

Old 01-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bigdaddykane93
if the nut kit leaks, does it cause puddling on both sides of the intake? or just the drivers side? i looked at the fuel pressure regulator with the flashlight, but it looked dirty like as if it was not leaking...i see puddling on both sides...anyone know if the fuel nut kit will puddle both sides?
Due to the position of the CPI spider, it may allow fuel to leak from the nut kit and cling to the bottom of the main body of the spider and make it over to the other side. Typically though, it is just on the bank 1 side (driver) of the intake that the nut kit affects. If you have a lot of fuel on both sides, you likely have a FPR and nut kit issue.

Originally Posted by bigdaddykane93
ok Kyle i got the part numbers and pictures of the lower intake gaskets like i promised you...refer back to post 29 and 30 back in this tread for more detail....so can i just copy and paste them here? please let me know
Follow the image posting FAQ in the Forum Help & Suggestions Center for information on posting pictures.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:04 AM

ok i did a fuel pressure test today and got this,

60 psi when you first turn the key on

53 psi once started at idle (needle on the guage was boucing between 52 and 54 actually)

then reving the motor cause quick spikes as high as 70 and as low as 50 sometimes

then once i turned off the motor the pressure would go up from 53 to 58 psi within 2 minutes

then after 10 mins total after being off the pressure would be back at 53

then 20 minutes total time after being off the pressure was at 29 psi

and then at 30 mins after being off it was a 15 psi

and then 45 mins after being off the pressure was at 5 psi

is this normal?

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought a remanufactured Spider injector assembly from rockauto before?