2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Headlight removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Ranger Rick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Headlight removal

Does anyone know how to complety remove the headlight asm, I see in the owners manual it states to removes the "mounting screws" where are these screws, do I just complety back out the screws used for adjusting the focus point of the headlight?

Old 04-20-2005, 12:32 AM
dobbist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Headlight removal

if your just repacing your headlight dont touch the focusing screws but otherwise i havesnt had to do anything with my headlights so beyond that i dont know

Old 04-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Im_Bryan is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of truck??? Most asm are removed by the adjustment screws. One on top and one on the side then the other side has a spring... Dont loose it... Other than that is just the plug in back that connects the wires..

Bryan

Old 04-20-2005, 02:22 AM

what exactly is the asm by the way im not entirely sure what your trying to do and what year is it?

Old 04-20-2005, 10:10 AM

It is a 96 4door, I need to replace the side marker bulb, i see that you can get to both of the other bulbs w/o removing anything but the sidemarker is absolutely buried, So do i just back the adjusting screws all the way out?

Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 PM

i cant see why they would design it so you would have to take the adjustment screws out but i have the same truck and i'll go take a look real quick tonite

Old 04-20-2005, 11:51 PM

ok on my 96 i have two lights on the outside edge of the headlight area and for those you have to take off the grill, they are all one piece so be carefull you dont yank that out and tear a wire. and 2 in the bumper that i am geussing i would have to take off the bumper to get changed or atleast i think it would be less hassle than removing the adjustment screws.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:23 AM
Blaize70 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea removing ur headlight is a b****. i was trying to put on my new clear corners and i went all over the place to ask how to get to them. i finally just yanked on the grill and it like popped off, then i just screwed out the bulb and replaced the turn signal part, but i was trying to take off the headlight all day and i ended up breaking the top mount part off so now i have to buy a whole new headlight cuz its all F***ed up now. ur not supposed to unscrew the adjustment thing but the two lil silver ones next to the adjustment one. there is like an unreachable one too so good luck getting that one. i think ima just go to the dealership so i dont totally mess up my truck. mine is an '02 blazer xtreme by the way.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:52 AM

Bulbs are obviously going to burn out over the life of the vehicle correct? I can gaurntee that.
So why would a manufacturer make it such a pain in the a** to get the headlight out?

I already backed the adjustment screws all the way out, is this a problem, will they go back in, do i just give up and take it to a dealer?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:02 AM

the only problem should be getting your headlights adjusted properly. since if you dont have a long enough drive way or what not with a wall it can be a pain but not too hard

Quick Reply: Headlight removal