2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009 | 11:40 PM
|
Starting Member
xCHIPx is on a distinguished road
Default Headlights?

I have a 99 blazer and I was wondering how I could make my headlights brighter? Ive already bought new bulbs that are sipossed to push more out but really dont. I was wondering if I could change the fuse that gose to my headlights or is their something else I can do?

Old 11-12-2009 | 12:26 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

upgadre to a HID set up. there is a sponsor on the forum that runs a pretty good deal with awesome customer service. High Intensity Discharge are the frosty white lights you see on newer cars that pwn the sad looking yellow yours put out.

You can also look into a quad beam mod to make both your brights and your low beams team up when you switch to brights.

You can also get a $20 set of platinum burners from Walmart to ground light the area infront of you, and aim your head lights a bit higher.

You might want to try trail lights and fog lights too. grab a spot light off an old cop car. deck it out with ground FX. Hook up an old school trembler sensor from an old school car alarm to your parking lights. now, each time your subs hit, your parking lights light up.

buy stonger output bulbs.

Clean the oxydation off of your head lamp glass.

Old 11-12-2009 | 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Drive with your high beams on all the time

But seriously...x2 on the HID idea. Thet are the brightest lights you will probably find for headlights. Check out the HID Solutions as Curtis said because they have them on for $60 (crazy deal!!) right now for BF.com members. If not, you're looking at well over $100 for a set of them.

Old 11-12-2009 | 11:19 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
Drive with your high beams on all the time

But seriously...x2 on the HID idea. Thet are the brightest lights you will probably find for headlights. Check out the HID Solutions as Curtis said because they have them on for $60 (crazy deal!!) right now for BF.com members. If not, you're looking at well over $100 for a set of them.
or even more Alex. i've seen them on Kijiji here regularly for anywhere from $120 to $150 a set.

Old 11-15-2009 | 11:29 PM
|
Starting Member
xCHIPx is on a distinguished road

I wana do HID's but I live in texas and I have a friend who put them in his truck and had to take them out just so he could get inspected. Right now I have the after market blue halogen bulbs in my low beams and I have some in my fog lights I put behind my grille.

Old 11-16-2009 | 05:30 PM
Beginning Member
jackdaroofer is on a distinguished road

I just installed silver star ultras...awesome and well worth the money, imho

Also, Ifound problems with the way lights had been installed, see headlight leveling post below