2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

headlights flashing without touching vehicle!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 01:15 PM
blazerbenson is on a distinguished road
Angry headlights flashing without touching vehicle!!!

I have a Blazer in which the taillights and brake lights both work fine. However when sitting still idling the headlights flash on and off. What is it? I suspect the switch or the flash to pass operation is failing. I cant imagine that the headlights grounds would fail. Is this a common problem?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please provide your vehicle information.

Does it do it with both the high beams and low beams?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:44 PM

its a 95 Blazer with 4x4. No it does not do it with brights on. Thanks for replying. Sorry bout the little info I provided. I have not really dug on it too much but I need to get it fixed because I need the 4x4. Please help.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so we can say that it is something with your low beam circuit that is causing the intermittent output when stationary.

And this does not happen at all when you are driving the truck?

Old 12-23-2009, 02:26 PM

Yes, they still do it while driving. They just don't stop. I also do not drive it when lights are needed. It really irks me because it runs good but the lights wont work right.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Well that makes diagnosis a bit easier.. I'll have to look up some wiring diagrams when I get home from work (and last minute Christmas shopping) and post them.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:40 PM

Alright great! Thanks. Merry XMAS

Old 12-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Both of the low beam headlights are powered by the same wire from the dimmer switch (part of the multifunction switch). It could be an intermittent connection somewhere in the column or in the engine compartment as there are a few connections between the headlights and the dimmer switch.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:36 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

one question nver asked was, the frequency of the flashing. is it steady or random?

Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 PM
chevyblazer1996 is on a distinguished road

tonight my 1996 chevy blazer 4x4 low beam headlights were flashing while driving home from work (flash from the low beam lights to the daytime running lights and back),I would turn off all the lights off and on and it would be fine for a few minutes and go back to flashing again... i have posted this week about my multipurpose switch needed to be replaced(no brake lights or hazard lights work) so the low beams are connected to the multipurpose switch as well? is this multipurpose switch the problem?