2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

heater hose connections

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default heater hose connections

over the weekend I replaced my spider injection (again) and figured while I was at it I may as well change the intake gaskets (160k miles wouldn't hurt and I'm there anyway right?) and since I have the intake off with winter around the corner a new t-stat wouldn't hurt it's only $5. I got rained out on sat so I finished Sunday. I also bought all new hoses for the radiator and heater lines. To make a long story short I forgot what hose went where and I did a search on the forum and it said that the hose on the right side (passengers side) went to the block and the hose on the left side (drivers side) went to the water pump. I am getting heat (really hot) but the gauge only reads below the first long mark (100 something degrees) this does not seem right. my blazer is a 95 but can anyone tell me what is the right way for the heater hoses to run ?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The hoses should be two different sizes at the firewall and only be able to go to one location or the other on the front of the engine.

If you are getting heat, you likely have things connected properly. Are you sure you remembered to connect all of the sensors?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

Either hookupo will work for heat. If you hooked them up wrong you will just be sending coolant through the Heater core in the other direction.

You may have air in the system causing an air bubble at the Temp Sensor. That could be your false reading.

When the car has been running a while and should be at temperature, is the Upper radiator hose Hot? If not grab it and squeeze it raelly hard about 10 times a nd see if the hose starts to get hot and your gauge starts to read correctly.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point

i let it warm up to temp with the radiator cap off to get rid of any bubbles. the lines did look different sizes but when i took them in to get the right length of what was on it they gave me 5/8" for both and i asked if they were different sizes and they said no 5/8" would work. i've always done 5/8 and 3/4. i squeezed the top radiator hose just to make sure the water pump was working fine and its getting hot. the heater works great. but before i did one line at a time so i couldn't get them crossed on my vehicles.