2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Hello and a Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:24 PM
jpmoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello and a Few Questions

Hello Blazer Forums. I'm new, so take it easy on me. I've learned a lot just reading so far, but I've got a few questions that I could now answer with searches.

First off, the Blazer in question is my fiance's 2002 2-door. Shes taken good care of it with regular oil changes, new tires, etc; but she's never had a show-stopping problem with it. I've taken over the maintenance with normal oil changes, a battery swap, and a few other things. I've also done similar work on my RX-8, but thats another forum .

There are a few quirks I'd like to work on and need some advice from you.

1. On replacing the hydraulic lifts on the rear hatch. They started to go out in cold weather and are now pretty much shot. I've looked for replacements online with little luck, but I may be using the wrong terminology. Surprisingly the actuator is still ok.

2. Door hinge maintenance. I've seen it talked about here but no guides on what needs to be done to fix the "sagging" door problem where it doesn't like up perfectly so you get wind noise, etc.

3. The power windows no longer work, except for a day here and there. The power system is fine (I can see the lights dim a bit when I hit the switch). Does replacing the motor really involve drilling, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Hello and a Few Questions

1. proper term for them is lift support about $16 ea. at autozone with dropgate or with liftgate

2. pin and bushing replacement (common occurrence) I suggest not waiting too long if the hinges end up bending or the bushing holes oval out it gets expensive (pin + 2 bushing kit available at help aisle in autozone and advance about $7 need 2 per door) I STRONGLY suggest getting the door spring tool first or prepare for massive migraine city trying to get it back in (got mine at harbor freight for $3 on sale normal price is $5)

3. yes the motors are riveted in have to drill the rivets out and replace with bolts (should be included with new motor)

Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 AM
jpmoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'll be busy this weekend.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rick, I never would have thought that AZ stocked these. I need to replace mine,mine only work when it's kinda warm outside. Let me tell you it's NOT fun when your grabbing something from the cargo area, then out of nowhere you get hit upside the head with the glass!!! [:@]